Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hello All, Just bought our first ever TT/camper. We looked at several different brands, but fell in love with the ST25RB. We have only had it a week, but everybody who has seen it just says "wow".

I have been lurking here for the past couple weeks. Seems to be a great bunch. The one thing that really concerns me is the warranty going from two years to one. I was initially told it had a two year only to find upon signing that it only had one. I still was'nt overly concerned as most other manufacturers only had one, but find it concerning reading here that so many are having issues. We have yet to take it out, but have set it up at home. Only thing so far I have found is the LED light issue in the awning. Three lights were out when I picked it up, but the number is growing already. I do plan on keeping a list as I find issues.

Looking forward to it. Warning you now, expect some questions. lol.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congrats on your purchase.
Good to set it up at home and check everything out - better than finding issues you can't live with once out on the road.

If you don't own a torque wrench - invest in one. You'll find loose lug nuts and spring/suspension nuts. I always re-check lug nut torque after travelling 50 to 100 miles. Once the suspension was check I have not found them loose.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Tim D
Congrats on your purchase they are great looking units. I have had some issues with mine but Crossroads and my dealer have been more than fair. We were lucky and still received the 2 year warranty.
Get out and enjoy it, be picky about issue with it and take it to the dealer in the fall to get any warranty work done that way you aren't losing any camping time.

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper...ask away this is a great place to learn...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper

Travel safe

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on the new trailer and welcome to the forum! If you have any questions please ask!
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new unit and welcome to the forum. As was said earlier, keep a list of items that need repair. As long as none of them interfere with using the trailer all summer wait til fall to take to dealer to get them done.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

A torgue wrench is on my list to get. I figured it is better to set it up and run it in the driveway as I figure out what I need. I can live with the awning led issue for now. I do plan on keeping a list and then taking it in at the end of the season as long as nothing major comes up. Planning on a short weekend trip here soon and then a trip to Meremac Caverns over the memorial weekend. Looking forward to it!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Roadie66, Ours looks exactly like yours. I was told initially it had the 2 yr warranty but only has the 1 yr. We were also told that they changed the layout to 2 slides after ours and that we got a deal as ours was the last one they had with that particular layout. I think we got a good deal and my insurance company said so as well.

Care to elaborate on the issues you have had and anything that I should be on the lookout for?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum, a great place to learn. Enjoy your unit and make a lot of camping memories

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

We put almost 450 miles on our TT this past weekend. We went to Meramec Caverns for our first trip. Weather was not cooperative! There was a tornado warning and they made everyone go into the cave. After about an hour they called an all clear. But...at two in the morning sheriff deputy was beating on the door. Said we had to evacuate due to high water! Where the river was 15 to 20 ft below us it was now approx 3ft from overflowing where we were parked. We spent the rest of the night in a church parking lot. Campground remained closed due to the water so we had to travel on. Next campground we went to was Onondonga State Park. Could not stay there either due to flooding. We finally ended up at Hahn State Park. Pretty little park. We had a great time despite the weather. Ready for another adventure.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
Site Team

Sounds like an exciting trip but in the wrong way. At least your were safe. Good luck in future RVing experiences.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the 25rb. Used mine for 3 days last fall . and been in the driveway since spring . Fixing little things .
-How is your water pressure? Is it ok in the shower? Mine had a kinked water hose at the tank .
-Does your black tank flush spit water under the sink when you are flushing? (you have to have the drain or at least the toilet valve open). Mine had a kinked hose from the tank flush where it connects to the black tank .
-You can get another drawer to ad to the 3 there.
-DON'T stand on the carpet when the slide is 'in'. get a piece of plywood about 8" x 8" and about 1/2 to 3/4 "thick to put under the midpoint of the slide carpet area under the dinette back to hold it up off the floor in case you step on the slide and rip the dinette seat back from the wall.
----anyways , hope some of these help .

Wayne

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

I honestly can't say at this point. This was our first time out in it. I thought I might have a water heater issue but turned out the cold water bypass was on.

Issues I have identified:

-Awning LEDs are quickly going out.

-Black and grey water indicator lights don't move past one light. I filled up the fresh water tank twice without dumping. Good thing I checked because I had to bail out the shower stall basin as it was an inch from overflowing. I did not use the black water flush as I did not want to deal with that while out on the road.

-No sound from TV when DVDs are played. This was agrivating as I wanted to watch TV in bed.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4