Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
New Camper

Cool New Owner, Salvage Camper 2008 Zinger 190 RD

Hello out there in Crossroads Land ! I'm Barb, from the "sunny South"? Ha - over 12" of RAIN here last WEEK !.
AT any rate - I have just become a Crossroads Owner, via an Auction, and have myself a "Project Piece" of a Camper - had a tree to leave a rather LARGE Impression or two on the roof.
First part of project is to get a PRO to replace that roof and straighten out the roof and walls. I am SO not doing that !
Awning roller is bent, but methinks that WILL come out. Fabric replacement for sure - have done one already on older camper.
I really wish I had a Manual for this thing. No clue on some of the appliance work abouts. Water Heater, Fridge, and looks like Microwave is either not working or Fuse blown. Any 2008 manuals out there?
It's not TOO rough inside, needs a good scourging with bleach and such. Some leaks have come through, suspecting some wood will have to come out.
I look forward to any and ALL suggestions you wonderful folks have for my adventure.
Oh - and only ONE KEY came with this unit. Where can I get a spare?
Thanks, and Happy Camping to ALL
Barb in MS
Old 02-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Hello and welcome!

First there is not a "manual" for your camper. The only thing you get is very generic as to the operation and set up of your camper. There a few manuals available for the appliance's. You will need the manufacture - and the model number then look it up online. Most have operators manuals that you can download.

Is this your first camper? Just trying to get a feel for your level of experience.

The microwave is the easiest so I will start there. Is the camper plugged in to electricity ? The microwave is 110 so you need to be plugged in. If you are then check the converter/breaker box and make sure the MAIN is turned on. Next check if you have any breakers tripped. As a last resort you can remove the microwave and plug a light or something into the outlet to see if it works.

Let us know what you find out then we will work on the next thing.

Just curious did this come from a "Copart" auction?

As for the key unless someone has put something special on it a hardware store should have the correct blanks. If not some RV dealers can make keys or a locksmith. I bought my 05 Cruiser used and on the way home stopped at Walmart and they made a key. I have since changed out the lock.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:51 PM   #4
New Camper

2nd camper, still early in experience

Hey - thanks for the reply - no it's my 2nd "previously owned" camper. First one is (ready to sell now!) a Forest River Wildwood 19' 2003 - comfey enough, but wee bit heavy for my V6 '03 Nissan 4x4.

NewER one is the Tree Hugger, Zinger 190 RD 2008. Lighter by 1000 lbs!

I plugged her in today, after untying the tarp over the To Be Replaced Roof - and found lights working well, refrigerator light on, not sure how well it works- No clue on water heater since no water nor propane attached. Microwave was plugged into wall outlet but no lights or buttons worked. Understand checking fuses, just did not today.

The camper came from an auction house in Grenada MS, from another auction in GA, per the VIN tracking. Prior to that, have no idea of its history. Just know there is print of a large tree on top ! Professional repair people are being lined up!

Its been sitting somewhere for quite a while, I can tell - and needs a very good cleansing inside. I have many plans for working foward AFTER new roof is on it.

Thanks for the Manual info, tho. Had no idea there was NOT one.
Oh - looking for an extra KEY - it came with ONLY ONE - it's an offset Bauer Key but where do I find a number to order new ones ?

Thanks again
Barb
*in Sunny South with temps Plummeting AGAIN*
Old 03-01-2019, 02:26 AM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:42 AM   #6
Site Team

Go to the Bauer website and there is a place to order keys. Just put in the 3 digit number on your key.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Site Team

Did a little checking on the camper weights and from the NADA guide that has "manufacture" listed weights this is what I found.

2008 Crossroads Zinger 19RD - 3984
2003 Forest River Wildwood 19EX - 3950
19EXFD - 3960
19FD - 3960
These are "empty weights". Add propane food clothing bedding supplies - well you get the idea and they get heavier quick. You will not know the real world weight till you weigh it. You stated your Wildwood was a "Wee bit heavy" for your Nissan. The two campers are about the same weight. Something to think about. Not sure which Nissan you have so couldn't check the tow rating.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #8
New Camper

Well Thank ya, but there is NO NUMBER ON the key - my one & only Key ~ Would it be on one of the locks ?
Barb4Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:32 AM   #9
New Camper

Wow- that's interesting - the info I had *forget from where now* said that my Wildwood was 5000 lbs / 500 tongue weight ~my Nissan is a V6 XE Crew Cab / long bed, rated for 5000 tow and 500 Tongue weight, per its manual (which I do have ;-) )
Barb4Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Take the door lock apart the key number is behind the inside plate
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Hi Barb, and welcome ... a bit belated.

You can get a spare tire and wheel on Amazon, through places like eTrailer.com, Tractor Supply Co., etc. Just match the size and diameter to what's on the trailer. There should also be a sticker on the street (drivers) side of the trailer listing the stock tire size.

Good luck with the repairs and your eventual modifications.

John & Cindy
Central Pennsylvania

2015 CrossRoads Z-1 208FL
JEH412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #12
Site Team

I believe she was asking about a spare key. But good info on finding a spare tire.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
New Camper

Thanks so much, I GOT the number, Ordered on Amazon - and ShaZAM - they are HERE !

Tags
190rd, 2008, manual, roof, zinger