Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Today, My wife and I purchased a 2014 Rushmore Lincoln. We are trading in a 2007 cedar creek which was a very good camper but we fell in love with the new lincoln floor plan. I did not plan on trading but happen to come upon a show and received a very good deal. Tonight, I am reviewing the tech area and see that there is a significant amount of issue with new rushmore campers. I am suppose to take possession of the new camper on friday and then leave Sunday for Myrtle Beach. Hopefully, I can locate and have addressed all issues during our walk thru. Looking forward to corresponding with the crossroads family.

Jamestn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Best of luck with your new Lincoln. Hope your trip goes well and you have a good vacation. Make sure you try out EVERYTHING on your new camper, just to be sure everything works.
Glad you joined the forum.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Keep in mind that many people come to these forums when there are problems and sometimes only to vent frustration and others to actually get some help. I came here for information and ideas and not because of problems. So far we have had no problems with our fifth. Of the overall owners out there you will find that it is a pretty small percentage that end up having horror stories with their RV. Most dealers and manufacturers will ultimately look after the small initial problems they have. The resolutions sometimes take time and often you don't hear about it.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rig!! You will get a chance to find out any of the issues with it on your first shakedown cruise. So many RV's are sold now that issues with these units cross all makes and models of RV's.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard... we love are Jefferson. Fulltiming in it since March. Yes we have had some problems... and still have a few issues. Just take your time on the walk thru. Check everything. Don't take anything for granted it works. We didn't check the microwave...took 6 weeks to resolve the problem. Fixed it myself. Hope your dealer is a customer caretaker. Not a we'll take your money dealer. Like mine. Back to walk thru. Check all A/C ceiling vents for air flow..only one side of mine are flowing with cold air. Also be sure they open up panels in storage area to check for duck work not connected. Like mine was. Fixed it myself...feel free to PM any question.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We have a 2013 Sunset Trails and have had little to no issues. I would say that the majority of owners are very happy within their trailers on this forum. I would not be discouraged and I say enjoy your trailer! We bought our trailer out of state, so after a good walk through we stayed overnight in the area to test everything. We found only a very minor issue and went back to the dealer the next day, who quickly took care of it.

I recently found another minor issue with our outside kitchen and have been working with Crossroads through e-mails to resolve it. So far they have been very receptive and I expect to have it resolved soon. No nightmare so far for us.

Good luck and congratulations!
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

IMHO, in the current environment, a good dealer seems to be key. Bought mine, on sale, in Jersey. Drove from Myrtle Beach to and traded. Didn't leave anything in Jersey so don't need to go back! Between Crossroads and Camping World on Hwy 501, was able to address the problems we have had, and, to me, they seemed extensive and would have been expensive, so far so good, still trying to overcome the frustration it caused, and DW still has a few choice words ......... Congratulations and good luck, you probably know but, maybe take a video of the walk-thru for future reference.

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the responses and advice. I now plan on making a video of the walk thru. I will also make sure they will turn everything on to make sure everything works. I called about putting slide awnings on it but they said that there is no room. They said they would have a technician talk with me if I wanted them to. I have searched the internet and only found pictures of 1 that has slide out awnings and it did look very close. Does anybody have information on this? My wife and I are very excited and anxious to use our new unit.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We just did 2000 miles on our 2013 Cruiser Aire CFL 28 traveling from Tampa Bay area to Keystone SD. Only concern we had was a couple of screws loosened up on the black plastic fender skirts. I guess from the vibration, replaced the loose screws with machine screws and locking nuts. Like a salesman had mentioned to me that "your creating an earthquake every time you travel down the road". With the condition of some of our nation's roads I can understand that.

We are pleased with our 5th wheel and really appreciate the larger shower and bath room. We like the double slide outs, makesfor a "great room effect" with plenty of space. You don't feel confined. We were concerned about having enough storage, needless to say we have empty cabinets.

From hare we are heading up to Banff, definitely giving the camper a workout. See how it goes.

Richard and Bonnie
RVCRUISER34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

good luck with new unit have had a 20012 cruiser been no problem so far happy camping
PARTSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on the new camper...enjoy!

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on your new rig, James! I see that you are from Rogersville, TN. I spent a few days there the first part of June. It is a beautiful town. A colleague and I were there visiting the John SevierPower Plant that recently closed. We are in the planning stages of closing another coal plant and wanted to see what we could learn from them. We ate supper one night at the Route 66 Steak House and Pub. The old man that owns it was an interesting old guy. Anyway, hope you have many happy nights of camping.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

congrats on the new rig. As stated above many more unhappy owners post than happy owners. that said there have been problems recently so document everything, don't hand over any money or take any kind of possession until everything works to your satisfaction. if it opens, closes, turns on or off, moves etc, you want it shown to you and then you return the demo. preferably do all of this on video. even have them show you winterization/de winterization processes.once satisfied and the rig is in your possession, keep a detailed record of any and all issues to include problem, date occurred, date dealer notified, date dropped off for repairs, any communication w/ dealer or crossroads and date it was returned to you repaired. this sounds exhaustive but is a necessary evil in today's crossroads. That said there have been some recent stories of crossroads stepping up to the plate and making things right outside of the warranty period. Good luck to you, have a safe trip and may your new 5er bring you many more happy camping trips.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Happy camping with your new 5er we have a 2012 Rushmore and have slide out toppers on all 4 slides good luck and everybody has told you about everything we have a couple of little problems but were taken care of by cr and dealer Jim&Carol
Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Hey Mike, If you are ever in Rogersville again give me a holler. One of my friends use to work for John Sevier power plant. He left there and went to Oak ridge for a while then he transferred to the TVA facility in Chattanooga. Now he is back in Rogersville working at TRW with me. You might know him, his name is Greg Williams. By the way, your choice of restaurants is not really consider a top choice in this town. I will be traveling to RV and Boats in Rockwood, Tn to pick up my unit Friday,

Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
congrats on the new rig. As stated above many more unhappy owners post than happy owners. that said there have been problems recently so document everything, don't hand over any money or take any kind of possession until everything works to your satisfaction. if it opens, closes, turns on or off, moves etc, you want it shown to you and then you return the demo. preferably do all of this on video. even have them show you winterization/de winterization processes.once satisfied and the rig is in your possession, keep a detailed record of any and all issues to include problem, date occurred, date dealer notified, date dropped off for repairs, any communication w/ dealer or crossroads and date it was returned to you repaired. this sounds exhaustive but is a necessary evil in today's crossroads. That said there have been some recent stories of crossroads stepping up to the plate and making things right outside of the warranty period. Good luck to you, have a safe trip and may your new 5er bring you many more happy camping trips.
Thanks for the great advice. We have already emptied our camper except for the washer and dryer. They are suppose to transfer them for us. My current plan is now to make a video and have them spend a significant amount of time with me instruction me on everything and verifying that everything works. I will develop a log sheet of communication and actions. This is my third fifth wheel but first new one.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestn
Hey Mike, If you are ever in Rogersville again give me a holler. One of my friends use to work for John Sevier power plant. He left there and went to Oak ridge for a while then he transferred to the TVA facility in Chattanooga. Now he is back in Rogersville working at TRW with me. You might know him, his name is Greg Williams. By the way, your choice of restaurants is not really consider a top choice in this town. I will be traveling to RV and Boats in Rockwood, Tn to pick up my unit Friday,

Greg Williams sounds familiar, but I can't place him. I work at the Johnsonville plant in western middle Tennessee. We are planning to close it in the late 2015 time frame barring a miracle. It was sad walking through the John Sevier plant. It is a show place. You can tell the employees had a tremendous amount of pride in it. The coal pulverizers were so well maintained that they were painted white and were still clean looking.

Yeah, we figured out Route 66 wasn't the best place we'd ever eaten, but Monday night didn't offer a big selection. It wasn't bad, though, and we had a good conversation with the owner and another older gentleman who used to be the county trustee.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Site Team

James, congratulations on the new RV. Wishing you the best of luck.

I have a grouse hunting buddy in Rogersville. Him and his wife have been coming to WI. every fall for quite a few years. We spend about a month camping and hunting in the NF with them. Nice people.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestn
Thanks for the responses and advice.Â* I now plan on making a video of the walk thru. I will also make sure they will turn everything on to make sure everything works.Â* I called about putting slide awnings on it but they said that there is no room.Â* They said they would have a technician talk with me if I wanted them to.Â* IÂ* have searched the internet and only found pictures of 1 that has slide out awnings and it did look very close.Â* Does anybody have information on this?Â* My wife and I are very excited and anxious to use our new unit.Â*Â*

On a personal note back in 2004 I decided slide awnings were not something I needed or wanted to have to maintain So far on three different rigs my decision has been right,except for one night on the road we got 6inches of snow overnight" thanks to a neighbor who had a tall enough stepladder we were good to go shortly. JMHO jb
Old 07-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

James,
I am on my second CR unit, first being a 2012 28RKX, and now I have a Fifth Wheel. On a separate post here I extensively noted how well CR responded to my needs for a new axle...shipped and in hand in one day. I have nothing but good to say about them.

I am attending the rally for my second year. I plan on arriving on Tues the 16th and stay until the next Monday. I have scheduled an appointment to have Never Fail Bushings added at the factory on the day we arrive. I have decided I need a new tire and emailed Andi Miles and told her I'd like a new tire installed on the existing rim if they had the time. She responded to me "Jim, we have scheduled your unit for the entire day to address any and all concerns or warranty issues you may have, so the tire installation will be no problem." That is the kind of response I've been getting since I've owned my units and I will sing their praises when they treat me like this.

Welcome to CR and good luck with your new unit...I would be towing one if I had a larger TV. Maybe somewhere down the road.

Travel well James,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

James
Welcome to the forum and to the ranks of Crossroads owners. Hope you have the best of luck with your new camper, and many great trips in the years to come.

I think you will find there are some owners that are haveing problems with their campers, some worst than others. For the most part though the greater number of owners are happy with their campers and will buy CR again in the future. I am now the proud owner of my second Cruiser. This forum can sometimes give a false impression. Many posts are from owners that may have a problem who are looking for advise to trouble shoot and fix their problem. Some who may have very serious problems that are also looking for advice from members who might have had the same problems,and also to vent their frustration. Don't let that throw you. All companies have their LEMMONS.

Stay safe and have fun ---- ENJOY
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote