Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
New Camper

I just purchased a new 2012 Slingshot GX19RB. We wanted a hybrid so that we could go to different campgrounds in themaritimes and I fell in love with the slingshot once I saw it. Looked at alot of others like Jayco, starcraft, etc but something was always missing. The slingshot was the only one that had every single option and floorplan that I wanted in one package. Have yet to camp in it and it may be another month or so as unfortunatly my 2 year old is scared of it and I don't want to force him. When heis ready, then we will camp.

Hope to have many years enjoyment in this camper with my family and friends.
kosoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome aboard!! Congrats on the camper. Hopefully you will be able to get everyone used to it. THEN, you can have fun.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #3
New Camper

Thank you. Love the trailer and last night we camped in the driveway with it, at least until the lightning storm rolled in, then we went in the house. No sensescaringa 2 year old on his first outing. On call this weekend so no travelling. Now just looking for a proper TV as from reading the forums and researching the web, I realized that my TV is to close to max capacity once you use all the correct numbers and not the ones quoted bybrochuresand sales staff. I see a F150 this year or before camping season next year for sure. Planned on a truck for the longer distance runs in a few years so no loss if I get one earlier.
kosoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Welcome to the forum and to the world of CrossRoads RVng. Driveway camping is a good first, then go somewhere locally if possible...we went 10 miles away, and it was boondocking too. All we have was electricity, and the temps were in the high 20's at night, 40's in the daytime. But, it gave us a chance to see how the fresh water tank worked, the heat, the water heater, how much water we used showering, etc. It all went effortlessly and we were a bit amazed. I mean, you read so many horror stories on here so it is always in the back of your mind. I did find that after parked and leveled that the unit did seem to 'bounce' a bit...so we have learned we either need chocks or stabilizers. Next time out I will try pounding my chocks in more firmly to see if that helps, if not, then perhaps stabilitzers. Time will tell.

Best of luck with your new unit and again welcome to the forum, so much good info here, not to mention so many fine people with tons of experience.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Try having some of the little one's favorite things with him to make him comfortable with his new surroundings.I'm sure hewill get used to the RV and then you will be hitting the road.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote