Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
New Camper

This past weekend was our first weekend out with the new trailer.All went well with the exception of some leaks around the kitchen sinks.Glad to be part of the forum as there is an obvious wealth of knowledge and many willing so share!!
Dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

welcome and congrats on the new sunset trail. Glad to hear you are already enjoying it. May it bring you many more happy camping trips.

FYI- I thought our faucet was leaking until I realized how easily water splashed on the counter behind the faucet when washing dishes. Also realized it is really easy to knock tose handles into the on position. Not always fun when the sink cover/cutting board is in place.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have the Sunset Trail Reserve 25 RB and I too have kitchen sink leaks. Going back to dealer this week I hope, have a trip for the end of the month and afraid if I take it in won't get it back in time. I hate to use it at the same time because of the leaks. Mine looks like the sink seal to countertop and faucet to countertop seal. Wish me luck.
cberney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Were you able to get these fixed? Think we have a similar problem. We've already had ours back once but it is still leaking. Also water in front of the kitchen island that we can't figure out where its coming from...
2011 Chevy 2500HD
Mackspoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
New Camper

I think I have ours fixed but need a longer trip to make sure. I put clear silicone caulking between the taps and the counter top and also put a thin bead at the back of the sinks between the sink and the counter top. The original caulking on the sinks looked ok except at the back of the sink where they had to go around the sink brackets.We had water on the right side back of the sink on the floor and also under the sink on the shelf. I'll be giving it a good ole splash test in a week or so.
Dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Please post an update after your next trip!
2011 Chevy 2500HD
Mackspoppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

We had our second trip out with our 33BD and had water on the table side of the island after washing dishes. It appeared the faucet was not sealed. I intend to put some caulk between the faucet and the counter top. I hope that fixes the leak. It seems this is not an isolated incedence. Please report back on the effectiveness of the caulk.

Happy Camping
b727capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

See, I find it unbelievable that ANY fixing needs to be done when we buy these RV's brand new! I understand there are things that need to be prepped or checked by the dealer but why can't they do that BEFORE the RV is put in the mill for sale? I had so many issues and I realize that if I had bought used I would have had less frustration as I hardly see any people complaining about their used RV's but a LOT of complaionts about their NEW ones....funny huh?

Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Congrats on your purchase.
We had leaks around our island sink. Leaked where it is bolted/clamped to the island. The four areas were all missing the RTV - took out the bolt/clamps applied RTV then reinstalled the bolts/clamps and no leaks.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote