Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi my wife and I are awaiting our new 2014 zinger 29bh fifth wheel and are very excited. We have 2 kids (6 & 4) and we all love the outdoors. I have a question regarding the Crossroads brand that hopefully others with experience can answer. I know every RV is mostly about floor plan and your budget, and we like the price and the floor plan of our model. Is the quality there with that model and price point, or are we asking for trouble with that price point model? Thanks in advance.

Brian
Bsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmitty
Hi my wife and I are awaiting our new 2014 zinger 29bh fifth wheel and are very excited. We have 2 kids (6 & 4) and we all love the outdoors. I have a question regarding the Crossroads brand that hopefully others with experience can answer. I know every RV is mostly about floor plan and your budget, and we like the price and the floor plan of our model. Is the quality there with that model and price point, or are we asking for trouble with that price point model? Thanks in advance.

Brian

I can't speak to the Zinger but we are on our second crossroads unit and I believe they stand behind there product as well or better than the best out there.We have been happy with our units and Crossroads management too, JMHO Jb
They have been well built and nicely appointed units...jb
Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I am on my fourth camper. I have owned a Coachmen built before Forest River owned them, a Forest River Flagstaff, a Forest River Blue Ridge, and now I have moved backward in year model and price and bought a used 2007 Crossroads Cruiser.
I haven't had enough experience with Crossroads itself to speak, other than to say that the unit I have now is very well built for a mid-range camper. I have read that Crossroads has been bought out since that time and some feel that the quality and warranty have suffered since then. I will say that no matter what you buy, you should be prepared for some initial quality issues. They are all compromising craftsmanship in the name of churning more campers out and maximizing profits. The Blue Ridge we had was in the lower 60s MSRP, which was expensive to us. We spent the first 6 months of ownership running it back and forth to the dealer to have things fixed that should have left the factory fixed. You can read on any manufacturer's forum and you will see that all brands have the same problems.

I don't think price point matters that much. They will all have some initial quality issues. Your dealer is what will matter the most. Make sure you are buying from a dealer that has a reputation for taking care of their customer. A good dealer will catch most problems on the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and you may never know about them. You can have good service out of any price point, I think. I would encourage you to build a shed to keep it under. Leaving them exposed to the elements all the time increases your chance of leaks, sun damage, dry rot, and the like.

Good luck with your new rig, and welcome to the forum!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Brian -- I have owned two Cruisers. My current Cruiser is a 2013 Patriot. I have only had good experiences with Crossroads. Have I had issues, yes I have ,but they have all been resolved by Crossroads. I think you will be happy with your choice, as long as you like your floorplan. I can not speak to the price. It all breaks down to: if you like your floorplan, and are comfortable with the price, go and have a great time with your family. YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON THAT
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Brian -- Forgot, good luck with your new camper, and welcome to the forum
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Hello and welcome. Congrats on your zinger. We have owner our Zinger TT for 2 yrs now. We still love it. It has had a few minor issues that crossroads and the dealership stood behind and repaired for us. This TT has survived us trying to do all kinds of crazy things to it as newbies. I think it is built well to have withstood some of the things we have done (think hooking batteries up backward, playing amateur chemist with the black tank etc). We are looking to trade up to a 5er in the next year or 2 but for other reasons. If crossroads offered what we wanted in a 5er in our weight range, then they would still be considered even though they have dropped to a 1 yr warranty. Issues occur with all manufacturers. The best thing is to go with a floorplan you like and a manufacturer that appears to stand behind its work. Crossroads has done so for me and many others around here. Good luck with the new rig and may it bring you many happy camping trips.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote