Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
New Camper

New to it ALL!!!

Hello fellow Travel Trailer owners. I am completely new at this. Enjoying it so far but I have learned I purchased the wrong TT. Seems I let the Sales Manager take advantage of me. I have a 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Super Lite SS222RB. It has to be the cheapest brand on the market. But I am the first to admit I was blind and got suckered.

Anyway, I am one month old and am using it for work and living in it up here in West Virginia until December this year. I'll retire in December and then only use it for Bucket List trips.

I found the forum as a result of wanting to purchase a grill and connect to the quick connect propane line provided. No one seems to know the size of the fitting, including Crossroads. So I'm searching and found the forum. Thanks for being here. No one has the answer here to my question but I'll stay connected to learn from the seasoned TT owners.

Thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge and experiences for newbies like myself. It is appreciated.

Don Lippiatte
Crystal River, Florida
Doing an 8 month sentence in Huntington West Virginia
SgtLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The quick connect on the TT is low pressure, so when you get a grill be sure that the regulator on the grill can be removed. The grill won't heat properly if connected to low pressure with the regulator installed, it is designed for high pressure. The Weber "Q" series has a removable regulator.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks. I know all of that. I'm trying to determine the size of the quick connect fitting. It is either 1/4" or 3/8".

I called Crossroads and one guy said he had no idea. So I called back hoping to get another Customer Service rep and he said he thought it was 3/8". But everything I find says a normal TT has 1/4". So it looks as if I'll buy two since NO ONE seems to know, even people that have one.
SgtLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

I tied my grill to my onboard propane & all the fittings I used were 1/4" as were the threads on the hose. You may also have to replace the disconnect on your trailer with a matched pair, not even all l.p. disconnects are compatible.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

etrailer.com has everything you need.

Also do an internet search on RV propane hose extensions or fittings and you will find the information as well. Very easy. I just finished a grill conversion from the small bottles to the RV. Removed the regulator from the grill and directly hooked in the grill. Works great.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I also converted the grill to a Weber Q on our camper. I got the fittings and a longer hose all from Amazon. I believe there is a thread on this site that lists all the items needed.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome from NC

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 25 nights in 8 states, 4611 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtLip View Post
Hello fellow Travel Trailer owners. I am completely new at this. Enjoying it so far but I have learned I purchased the wrong TT. Seems I let the Sales Manager take advantage of me. I have a 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Super Lite SS222RB. It has to be the cheapest brand on the market. But I am the first to admit I was blind and got suckered
Usually purchasing the wrong TT is the result of not doing your homework when looking for an RV. My wife and I spent about 3-4 months looking at various Rv's at different dealers before making our purchase.

Sales managers will almost always try to "take advantage" of the purchaser. To combat this, you would have had to price out similar brands with the same, or nearly the same specs.

By far, Crossroads is not the cheapest or worse brand on the market. Many brands, if not all, will have their problems. That's why research is so very important.

Did you do a PDI before picking up the TT? There is a copy of a PDI in our document section for future reference

Many on this forum have purchased Ss Trails and are very satisfied, others are not. Sometimes, it seems it's the luck of the draw (or build).

If you are not satisfied with your dealer and won't take it back there for warranty service, you can contact Crossroads and ask for a list of nearby Rv repair shops that will do warranty work.
Best of luck and enjoy your camping experiences.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

WELCOME!!!!!

Every brand and model has their own set of problems to work out. We end up in the end building ourselves a better rig with all our upgrades.

Steve