Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New to us 2015 Cruiser Aire.

This is our second RV. The first was a 2004 Pioneer 18 ft bumper pull. We recently upgraded the pull vehicle to a 3/4 ton and the Mrs figured out that it would pull a fifth wheel. Sooo….

The 2015 Cruiser Aire came our way and the Pioneer was sold. The list of modifications is growing and we're starting to get comfortable: Modifications are currently as follows (in non particular order):
1. LED lights
2. Fan in the bedroom
3. New J-Locks on two wheels
4. Microwave and stove removed and replaced with Microwave/Convection on bottom and 3 burner Atwood stove on top. The old Microwave slot now houses cookbooks.
5. Adjustable height shelves in kitchen cabinets
6. Dining Room table and chairs removed. 2nd couch took that spot right after the cupboard came out (couch was 2 inches too wide). Dining Room table and chairs still for sale.
7. Sun damaged recliner replace.
8. Bathroom door removed and replaced with pocket door system.
9. AC round vents replaced with ones that close off. Forces AC to bedroom at night.
10. Repaired water inlet valve (Anderson).
11. Removed little table between recliners and replaced with one 1/4 the size.
12. Wire screens added inside of cabinet doors. They had glass and may have broken with fast stops.
13. Added USB chargers to 12 VDC system below TV.
14. Replaced RV Tank monitor board.

I'm sure the boss will come up with more stuff but for now we're pretty happy with it.

Although we're still talking about the idea of solar...
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The fifth wheel will pull so much easier. Congrats on the unit and welcome to the forum.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Great modification ideas!

I made the mistake (haha) of reading your post to my wife. A lot of the modifications you did, we have discussed. Are you able to post any pictures. The bathroom door and the table between the recliners are two of our little pet peeves. We bought our 2015 two years ago abd love it!
Masscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masscamper View Post
I made the mistake (haha) of reading your post to my wife. A lot of the modifications you did, we have discussed. Are you able to post any pictures. The bathroom door and the table between the recliners are two of our little pet peeves. We bought our 2015 two years ago abd love it!
Thanks for stopping by. As I said in my Message to you I will try to get some pictures of the finished products and give you some pointers on how I did the door. The table is still not finished. We took the old "box" out and bolted the water pump to the wall. For right now it is covered with a trash can that we turned upside down and cut to fit.

In addition we just fixed the water tank indicator. Its actually a board and apparently the solder on the switches failed. The local dealer worked for about a month to find the right one and it worked. I don't see my pic of the Part Number but will add it later.
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Mdbeck1, can’t wait to see the pics!
Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

more mods

MassCamper.... Sorry that I didn't post the pictures. They're on my home computer and I'm at work. I'll get a few up.

So we've been talking about going to Colorado later this summer and started checking things on the RV. ...and it's a good thing that we did...
1. The wife wants new stairs.... so after endless hours of research she decided on the TorkLift Glow step (4 steps). But you have to have the trailer height and.... she also figured out the front of the trailer is a little above level. ...not good... Can't lower the hitch in the truck, can't adjust the kingpin box, trailer already has spring over axle, so... new larger tires. About time anyway.... so..
2. New tires.... Goodyear Endurance but since we need more height we went from the factory 15" to 16" which also meant new rims (including the spair) and while we were at it found a TPMS system. After a long search we found out that Discount Tire had a decent price on the tires and rims. Had to order the TPMS. **DONE** Still need to figure out the connection between my phone and the TPMS...
3. Torklift Glow steps (4 step). Ordered, received, and installed. Took less than an hour to install. They are a little bit stiff but let's get some use on them.
4. Apparently since I bought the trailer and installed the headache rack on the truck I jackknifed it a little bit too much. result... the trailer has a small amount of damage on the nose... It's off to the fiberglass shop... Supposed to be out toward the end of the week.
5. The trip to Colorado is supposed to have an extended weekend with friends. Four adults, a 10 year old, and a 2 year old + 2 or 3 dogs in one RV. I'm not sure I'm ready for that... So since we don't know where we are going the generator has to go along. ...and we found out last trip that the kingpin box swings a little too much and the generator is a little bit too tall.. Results... cracked case on the generator. Luckily the RV has a factory installed hitch for up to 350(?) pounds. Add a hitch mounted generator platform from Harbor Freight. okay so it's actually a cargo platform. Now I need to figure out security and a cover. ...and fix the cover on the generator...
6. Surge suppressor for the trailer by Power Watchdog. ...on order
7. We had some of the X brace ones from our last RV but now... did i mention the new tires were larger? Yeah... the X braces don't fit... Amazon to the rescue again... Two Fastway OneStep wheel chocks.
8. I don't remember if I put this one on or not but... the boss... doesn't like the control panel in the cupboard. The door ends up open all the time... SO... out comes the razor knife... Now it's on the side of the same cabinet (upper cabinet) pointing at the door. just a 90 degree turn, then some salvaged wood to cover all the wires and such inside the cabinet...

It's a good thing we saved my bonus and the tax refund this year. I think we spent it all. I'll see about adding pictures to the post this evening.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Okay, some pics.... LED Lights

Upper cabinets - added a shelf (sorry about the orientation)

Removed the dining room table and put in a second couch

One of the locks. The hook goes over the leaf spring and the "tang" goes through the wheel. Add a lock and your trailer doesn't move.

I'll download some more pictures later.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Pictures of the bathroom door mods would be great!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
Site Team

I think it would be best to start a new thread in the upgrades and modification forum, and post the pics and mods there.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Sounds good to me. Please place a link in this thread so others could it both ways