Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
New Camper

New Volante 310BH

My family of 5 lives full time in our RV and we just upgraded from a 30' bumper pull to a brand new 2018 Volante, and we are loving it. So far no real issues either. We love the extra space in our bedroom and the kids now have room to play since their room has a slide. The extra space and lack of things to fix has made our family much happier.

Now If I can only figure out how to fix the overly sensitive Domeitic thermostat...it's the digital kind and it seems to cut on and off a lot in a very short time span...like less than a minute. But just super glad we don't have anything major wrong like slides or leaks.

We mostly live full time in Austin, TX but do our best to travel during the summer and escape the heat. We actually head off again in about a month for Virginia! It will be out first extended trip on the East coast!
CalebSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
New Camper

Here is the rig....the first time I set it up (and yes I know not to leave the cord hanging out)

Old 09-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Nice looking rig. Welcome aboard.

Now if you would put the info to your sig, everybody will know what you are referring to in the future.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebSimpson View Post

Now If I can only figure out how to fix the overly sensitive Domeitic thermostat...it's the digital kind and it seems to cut on and off a lot in a very short time span...like less than a minute. But just super glad we don't have anything major wrong like slides or leaks.
!
Does it do this when AC is on or furnace, or both? If it's when the AC is on, I might have a fix for you.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
Does it do this when AC is on or furnace, or both? If it's when the AC is on, I might have a fix for you.
I think it's just the AC...we haven't run the furnace much...would love to know what suggestion you have.

2018 CrossRoads Volante 310BH
35' Fifth Wheel
2002 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel
Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebSimpson View Post
I think it's just the AC...we haven't run the furnace much...would love to know what suggestion you have.
Try this link to the Grand Design forum I use. There was a long discussion regarding return air icing up because of ducts not sealed at the start of the ducting at the air conditioner. Great tutorial on page #2. If you have two air conditioners, check them both. I'm assuming they will be the same between the brands. I think these are Dometic air conditioners. I checked mine and fixed a couple small gaps, but some members have had large gaps that's causing it to cycle on and off.

Separate issue: On air conditioning mode, mine also started cycling the fan on and off last trip, and I had to switch the fan to Hi or Low instead of Auto to stop it. Then later I would go to auto and it would would fine again.

http://www.granddesignowners.com/for...628#post113628
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful 5er.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote