Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
New Camper

We ordered our new 335SS this week. I can barely believe it. We have had a Jayco Kiwi 23B for almost 9 years and have spent 450+ nights in her.. She has been a terrific camper, but I always knew that one day we'd get a 5th wheel.

My dear husband is wondering if anyone has weighed their 335SS. He is curious more than anything else. We will be making a trip to some scales shortly after it arrives.

One last question - for now. That black backsplash and bedroom wall, has anyone done anything with that? We are trying to see if we can get the regular wallpaper in place of the black.

Sadie and Grady - crazy camping cats

2006 Chevy 2500 HD

soon to be owners of CF335SS

Felecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
New Camper

felecia,your trailer will be weighed when it leaves the factory and posted on a label inside closet door inside trailer to the right when you walk in . my salesman showed me that when we bought ours .ours was posted as 9990 pounds empty. hope that helps. enjoy your 5er .your trailer sould weigh closs to same as we just bought same trailer.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

They are very nice trailers, there is one with full paint and loaded at our local dealers showroom which was the one that attracted our eye towardtheCrossroads line. the layout wasn't quite what we wantedas we were looking for something with the television at the rear this time instead of the chairs in the rear.So we ordered the CF345RF which is almost the same as the 335SS in weight, featuresbut with a slightly different layout inside.
We really liked the double door to the bathroom in the 335SS but for us the 345RF worked better as our daughter and her spouse started coming with us again last year on trips and with our 326MKS Cougarwhich had the rear chair arrangement the living area was just to tight for us with 4 adults, especially when the couch was pulled into a bed.

The 345RF with chairs and couch opposing each other fixes that problem for us. We give up bathroom space as a result but I think we will spend more time in the living area than the bathroom ...........er at least I hope so..........LOL

Hope you enjoy your new trailer ! We are looking forward to ours, it is supposed to go to the paint shop this coming week so we should have it in two weeks....

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Sorry can't answer your question about the backsplash, just wanted to say Hello, Congratulations and good luck!
Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

welcome and congrats on the new 5er.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote