Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
New Camper

Possible new Crossroads owner

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but, not new to RVing. We are shopping around for a used 5th wheel and looking to trade our Forest River Flagstaff travel trailer. I've been looking in the 2004-2008 range, depending on prices, etc.

Does anyone have a link to brochures from that range? I can't seem to find any on the net.

I'm really interested in a 2005 Cruiser right now but, I was hoping to find a copy of the brochure for that year to look at some things during my research.

Thanks in advance! I'm a pretty handy guy which is helpful around RV's but, I've seen alot of good things about the Crossroads product so I'm anxious to learn more.

-Chris from PA
csutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but, not new to RVing. We are shopping around for a used 5th wheel and looking to trade our Forest River Flagstaff travel trailer. I've been looking in the 2004-2008 range, depending on prices, etc.

Does anyone have a link to brochures from that range? I can't seem to find any on the net.

I'm really interested in a 2005 Cruiser right now but, I was hoping to find a copy of the brochure for that year to look at some things during my research.

Thanks in advance! I'm a pretty handy guy which is helpful around RV's but, I've seen alot of good things about the Crossroads product so I'm anxious to learn more.

-Chris from PA
If you give the model # you are looking at you will probably find someone on here that has one.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
New Camper

I guess it would help if I did that wouldn't it!

I'm going to be looking at a 2005 Cruiser 28CK. Anything in particular to look for other than the normal RV things like delam, water leaks, etc.

Also, pricewise most RV's are barely pulling NADA values just curious to see if anyone else is seeing that on the used Crossroads RV's as well. I see dealers are marked up quite a bit from the NADA values but, alot of dealers I have talked to will move alot on the price either by trade in pricing or by just moving down off their advertised price.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Site Team

There are a couple members here on the forum who have their 5th wheels listed for sale. You can find them in the classified section.
Here is the link.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=43
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Personally I think the NADA guide is pie-in-the-sky wildest dream pricing. I paid well below their used value for mine when I bought it new last summer.... Go figure.

No prices mentioned.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
New Camper

I thought the same thing, I paid well below NADA pricing too on my travel trailer that I bought (used) in 2012. It's amazing though just doing some online searches and research. Some dealers barely give you anything and other dealers give you trade offers double what the RV is worth. Obviously, some can move more off their price so it's only numbers. However, in some cases the dealers that are priced 5-6k over NADA won't budge off their price and are offering 50% NADA for my trade.

I think I'm going to visit the dealer to look at the 28CK this week so we will see what they can do to earn business.

It's not camping season here (atleast for my wife) until Spring anyway in NE PA.

Thanks for the ideas and replies!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Site Team

Good luck on your search for your Rv and welcome to the forum. Don't know of any brochures but if you google the Rv you will get different dealers selling one and they might list the standards and options.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote