Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
New Camper

Have any of you camped with the Zinger in low tempertures? How do the holding tanks hold up? Do you know if they are heated. The salesman did not know any of the answers and the literature does not address thes questions.
Wayne Helfer
waynehelfer41aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have weekend camped into the thirties. It wasn't quite cold enough for the tanks to freeze. We cracked both vents to help with airflow. We did have quite a bit of condensation on the windows but otherwise no real issues. Only issue I did notice was DD's bunk area by the the pack and play seemed to get pretty cool. I placed some extra pillows and blankets against the pack and play door and that seemed to fix the issue. We stayed warm and cozy with the thermostat set to 71 and a nice warm snuggly blanket.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

we camp all year round,put bubble wrap on the windows acts like dual pane helps cut down on the moisture in the unit. will also run the vent fan above the stove and the bathroom vent. than have taken spray foam and filled some of the open air areas. I think the coldest that we have been out in the Zinger was 29 degrees, and one New Years eve in the Cruiser it got down to 20 degrees on the coast

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I've always wanted to retro fit in an effort to keep underbelly of zinger above freezing..have stayed in it at 35 on the shores of lake superior in June. Close enough to freezing to occasionally run hot and cold water to prevent pipes from freezing. After winterizing, the furnace and small electricic space heater kept it warm at 20 degrees.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

As for heated underbelly/tanks. I don't have a heated underbelly but I do have an enclosed ducted underbelly if that helps. I don't think it is truly a 4 season model by design like an Arctic Fox is but it has done decent for us in 30 something temps.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote