Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
New Camper

upgraded froma popup to a Zinger ZT26BL bought from Camping world. We really like the camper, although only used once before winterizing and getting minor problems fixed for a new 2012. We have two young kids and just started camping about 2yrs ago. live near Memphis, TN
campingfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congrats on your new tt. I have the same tt and it works very well for our family of 3 plus dog. We have had ours since Jan 2011 and have had a few minor issues repaired under warranty. Our warranty expires out in Jan. We have been looking to upgrade to a 5er but not until the right deal and right 5 er come along. Really this tt is a good tt and I have no complaints about it. We did a couple of mods to it though... Power tongue jack, oxygenic shower head and bought some shelving units from Target to put in the cabinets for clothes. Also put hooks to hang things on around the tt. You will find things to do as well.The one thing I have learned is this tt tows best with a heavier tongue weight so putting the bikes in the pack n play never worked for us. Instead we use the pack n play for storing lighter things, put heavy chairs under the bed and bikes in the tv. May yours suit you as well as ours has and bring you many happy camping trips.

Ps on edit to give you an idea on weights, our 26bl runs at around 7000 lbs loaded and has around 1000 lbs of tongue weight. It did not like being towed by my armada but does very well with the f250 in my Sig.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
New Camper

I am looking at a 2013 26BL...and have been "shopping" for one for months.It worries me to see minor repairs were needed on your new tt. What repairs did you need to have made? Might be things Idoublecheck whenwe are at the dealer! Thanks!
seefour123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

The slide put a hole in the carpet, dinette drawers needed realignment, the little latch that holds the outside door broke, the front hitch light quit working and needed to be replaced, and an anwing arm bracket broke. All of this was taken care of under warranty without issue. Most of it was in the first season, the only thing that was in the second year was the front hitch light.
Also, most new trailers from any brand will have minor issues, the key is that it isn't major issues and how the repairs are handled.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
New Camper

The biggest problem we had was the shower wall not being sufficiently glued to the wall. Also the bearing dust cover was never installed on one of the wheels. However these are very minor problems and were corrected by the dealer.
campingfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefour123

I am looking at a 2013 26BL...and have been "shopping" for one for months.Â*It worries me to see minor repairs were needed on your new tt. What repairs did you need to have made? Might be things IÂ*doubleÂ*check whenÂ*we are at the dealer! Thanks!Â*

Do not even think you can buy any Rv without needing some things repaired as it is the nature of the industry to get it together and done in a hurry.
If you have ever taken a factory tour you will see them virtually running to get things done.
That attitude leads to mistakes thus really unnecessary repairs or ones that shouldn't be needed! Joho. Jb
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I agree with John. You need to be prepared for what is an acceptable defect and poosible details being fixed, even at delivery.

Show season here in Ohio - means we've owned our Zinger for 2 years already! Loved every minute...except winter when we can't use it.

Congrats to those with new units! Quality family time awaits!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote