Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
New Camper

I am from Texas but am thinking about putting my Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel RV in a camping club close to where my family lives. It will give me a place to stay while visiting and give them a place for recreation. Am looking at Port Susan near Everett. Does anyone have experience with camping clubs or know anything about Port Susan?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We keep our Cruiser at Port Susan and love the place. They have a small store, fitness center, laundry, restaurant, church, etc. The little lake is nice to fish on or just row around for fun. We've owned our lot for many many years and really enjoy camping there. It's located in a good central area but out of the way from the hustle and bustle of city life. If you are looking for a nice quite place that would be it.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks, KennyB. I visited Port Susan last week. It probably wasn't the best time to visit because it was cold and rainy. We looked at quite a few sites. I do have a question: There seems to be quite a bit of moss and mold growing on the sheds and some of the RV's. Do you have a problem maintaining and getting rid of it? Do you leave your RV there over the winter?

Thanks,

Judy
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We had a smaller 5th wheel that we left there over the winter with a cover on it. It never took much to get it in shape in the spring although the cover got pretty funky over the years. Our new 5er lives at Port Susan all year round but we put up a metal cover when we got the trailer last year. It winters well and there is no moss or mold on the trailer in the spring.
Port Susan is a little dark and damp in the winter but what a fabulous place the rest of the year.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote