Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

First overnight in new Zinger 27RL

We picked up our new TT on Tuesday afternoon and took it on an overnight shakedown to Tanglewood RV Park since it is only a 25 min drive.

No major issues were found other than an extremely hard mattress. We remember now why that was our first upgrade on our Keystone Hornet. I was dissappointed that I have to install my own bathroom accessories, but I can live with it. I just wish they had of provided the screws for both the towel ring and the tissue holder. I also noticed that the awning did not want to roll up on it's own. I had to push it 3 times after it stopped rolling.

On a funny side note, I had 3 different people flag me down to tell me about the horrible popping sound my camper was making when pulling into the park and pulling out. I guess they were not familiar with the Equalizer 4 point hitch LOL. It does make a lot more noise than the hitch I had on my last camper, but noting I can really do about it without compromising the friction sway control.

The camper is a brand new 2014 Zinger RL. Tow vehicle is a 2008 Ford F-250 with a 6.8L V10 gas with an equalizer hitch. I averaged 8 mpg on the short trip.
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I get around 10 mpg with my Hemi. Ive put about 1000 miles and 35 nights on it with no reportable issues. It tows wonderfully. Have fun.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Ken
Weekend Camper

I was to surprised that the bathroom accessories were not installed but their reasoning was that way people can put them were they want them and he said some people didn't want them installed. After using it a few times he was right I ended up not mounting any of them and buying some of the nice 3M adhesive clips that match our trailer for the towels, it has worked great. I had the really noisy trailer as we'll but after about 6 months it is really quiet except for my WDH and that is even better now. I was so concerned about the noise I called the dealer after a few trips and they assured me it was normal.

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Tanglewood is on my list of parks to try in this area. We were gonna use it for our maiden voyage but dh wanted to be able to have a tire that weekend. I'm surprised so many didn't know wdh pops and bangs. I'm guessing that means they aren't using one for their trailers.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
Tanglewood is on my list of parks to try in this area. We were gonna use it for our maiden voyage but dh wanted to be able to have a tire that weekend. I'm surprised so many didn't know wdh pops and bangs. I'm guessing that means they aren't using one for their trailers.
To enter the RV park, you pass through a very busy area that is used by non- campers. There are walking trails, fenced in dog parks, parking lots etc. the helpful people were all using these other facilities and most likely knew nothing about campers.

I highly recommend Tanglewood and we will be back there soon. Make reservations ahead of time if you want to go on a weekend as they are usually full.
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
To enter the RV park, you pass through a very busy area that is used by non- campers. There are walking trails, fenced in dog parks, parking lots etc. the helpful people were all using these other facilities and most likely knew nothing about campers.

I highly recommend Tanglewood and we will be back there soon. Make reservations ahead of time if you want to go on a weekend as they are usually full.
Good info.... I saw they do 4th of July fireworks So I'm thinking about hitting there for the 4th next year.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
I was dissappointed that I have to install my own bathroom accessories, but I can live with it. I just wish they had of provided the screws for both the towel ring and the tissue holder..
Mine came that way too. They leave them off so the owner can install where they want. I just used a 3M hook for hand and face towel. Over the door/shower hook for bath towels, and a toilet paper holder that hooks nicely over a cabinet door. Works well.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Ours too. We used the towel holder, but not the tissue holder. I agree...screws would have been nice. Of course, I had some missing from trim, too - so maybe there is a shortage at the factory

Our awning is like that too. It seems the springs need another turn or 2 to add more tension. I should call about it - only another month and my year is up!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

At least yours came with the hardware. My old zinger didn't have the hardware at all.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS