Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
BWH
New Camper

I and MDW are heading down to Navarre (near Pensacola) in about a week. We're in Midwest Michigan and plan on taking US31 to I65. Depending on roads and traffic, I'm hoping to get to Nashville and overnight there. Has anyone stayed at Two Rivers campground? What's your opinion. I know that we can Walmart camp, but I'd just as soon have Elec/Water.

If the weather's not so good, I'm hoping to get to at least to Louisville. Same Q-an recommendations?

Thanks for the help!
BWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I cannot give you recommendations on campsites. But, what I can offer is a recommendation about I65. I am in Southeast WI and in July we went to Indianaoplis for a week. We took I65 from near South Bend, IN and I can only tell you they have the worst overpass's in the US, IMHO. It was teeth-jarring every time we got to an overpass. For some reason the state of IN hasn't figured out how to make the highway meet up to the bridges, and every single overpass was a nightmarish adventure. So much so we will take any other route instead of I65 in our future travels. I'd like to see what you think after your trip.

Safe travels and good camping,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Don't know about Two Rivers. We passed on that for the Seven Points COE campground. Intended on staying overnight ended up staying 4 nights. If I remember correctly they honored the Golden Age Pass. If you haven't already, you can check out both Two Rivers and Seven Points on www.campgroundreviews.com. Seven points does have water/elec which, like you, satisfy our basic requirements for short stays. Would stay there again if in Nashville. Pensacola Beach is one pretty place. I'm looking out the window at falling as I write this. Have a good trip!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We live just north of South Bend In. and drive thru to Cave City in Kentucky the first day. Stay in a motel as wife has 6 birds that travel with us and it takes too long to heat up the trailer. We'll be at Camping on the Gulf for 3 months in Destin Fl. have a safe trip and enjoy!!