Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New grandson & camping with grandson #1

Grandson #2, Owen Michael, arrived last Tuesday. We picked up grandson #1, Brady Evans, from his day camp and took him to the hospital to see mommy & daddy and meet his new brother.

He spent Tuesday night with us at our home and then Wednesday helped us pack for a camping trip. It was his first time camping without mommy & daddy. The state park campground was about 30 minutes from the hospital, so we could see everyone each day, and daddy picked him up Friday afternoon after getting the others settled at home. He was fantastic with us, although it's tough trying to keep up with a 6-year-old!

We've been so busy helping them get ready for Owen's arrival that this was our first trip of the year, and we were able to stay two more nights. Of course, we got hit with about 2 inches of rain all day Saturday! Just happy that Brady was home and we weren't trying to occupy him on a cool, rainy day.

This was just our third trip in the Z-1 since picking it up in October. All systems are go and I keep thinking of ideas for needs and mods.

John & Cindy
Central Pennsylvania

2015 CrossRoads Z-1 208FL
JEH412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations on Grandson #2 And thanks for sharing your happiness with the rest of us. Happy Trails!
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congrats and welcome Owen Michael!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

JEH
Glad to hear you had a good time with your grandson Brady...Congratulations on second grandson Owen...DW and I are thinking about taking our 3 year old granddaughter on a short two day camping trip...She has been talking about going camping with Mom Mom & Pop Pop...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Rosie & Tommy,
Brady has camped with us since he was about 8 weeks old, but this was the first "solo" for him. He had a blast; we did, too, with a side of exhaustion thrown in! We had a lot of things planned and had bought some new craft supplies so we were sure to be able to fill the time.

It turned out that we didn't need much of the new things. He was overjoyed to be able to ride his bike up and down the road in front of our site (I reserved a site on one of the less traveled roads) and wanted to spend a lot of time at the beach, even though the lake was closed to swimming our first day there.

Your granddaughter will probably have a ball during her special time with you. You may need some extra caffeine, though! I know I did.

John & Cindy
Central Pennsylvania

2015 CrossRoads Z-1 208FL
JEH412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on grandbaby #2! How aweosme that Brady got to camp with you! Do you have any fun photos to share?!

Glad you are enjoying your Z-1! Journey on!
ttroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
Site Team

Congrats on new grandson. I bet camping with the little guy was fun. We're planning a camping trip with our 2 year old grandson for the end of July. Although he has camped with his mom and dad and us, this will be his first solo trip. He can't wait to sleep in the "big" camper.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote