Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
New Camper

October camping near the Black Hills?

I have a 4 day weekend October 18th-21st and live within a half day's drive of the Black Hills. We've never traveled there in the fall and would love to get one very last trip in before we put the camper away for the season. The places we visited in the summer all close by October 1st. Does anyone know of a campground between Rapid City and Hill City/Custer/Keystone/Spearfish/Deadwood that would have electric and water hookups that late in the season. The websites I've checked out have the latest as October 15.

TIA.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Don’t know if this helps but I googled these.https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ta-Hotels.html——- https://www.visitrapidcity.com/thing...eation/camping

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgschott View Post
I have a 4 day weekend October 18th-21st and live within a half day's drive of the Black Hills. We've never traveled there in the fall and would love to get one very last trip in before we put the camper away for the season. The places we visited in the summer all close by October 1st. Does anyone know of a campground between Rapid City and Hill City/Custer/Keystone/Spearfish/Deadwood that would have electric and water hookups that late in the season. The websites I've checked out have the latest as October 15.

TIA.
My husband and I stayed at Herritage Campground on the grounds of the Crazy Horse Memorial very close to Custer. It was clean and the people very friendly and helpful. Best of all, the price was terrific! About $25 a night for full hookups, the cleanest and biggest bathrooms seen, and laundry.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
Wink Crystal Park Campground

A little further west at Keystone, WY. Stayed here in 2016. Bare bones, full hookup, gravel lot, self check-in. Laundry, showers. Worked great as a place to park and sleep if you don't need someone to hold your hand. Close enough to travel to sights in the area. Facebook page says always open. $30 night in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cryst...57123754444976
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hart Ranch south of Rapid City. $45 a night nice sites, wifi is good, cable is typical. We are here now nice and quite, large paved sites. I would stay here again.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Custer Crazy Horse campground. My friends own that one and when they bought it they were specifically going to stay open year round. Give them a buzz, Cullum family owns it.
2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
morphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #7
New Camper

Custer Mountain Cabins and camp grounds web site states they are open until Nov1.
full hoohup and wifi. Just East of custer before you enter custer state Park
Borkfarm is offline   Reply With Quote