Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
New Camper

Universal Studios in Florida

We are planning our 1st Florida trip and want to see Universal and Disney World. Would like recommendations on a nice RV park that we could stay at and go between parks. We are new at RV'ing and hope you veterans can assist us. This is an adult trip so not needing kiddy amenities. We will be renting a car for local transportation.
Thanks , Dannie0429
dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We scoped Fort Wilderness on our last Disney trip, and it was very nice. You can enjoy some of the "resort" benefits while staying in your RV. If we take ours to the area, we would likely stay there.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We stayed at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake when we went to Universal a few years ago. Excellent, very low cost park just a few minutes from Universal. In fact, the nightly fee was so cheap I thought it was going to be a dive when I first read about it. Check the reviews on campgroundreviews.com.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We are going to stay at Fort Wilderness this year. It will be our first time camping at Disney.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

If you are in the Tampa area, don't miss Busch Gardens. They have some amazing rides, great shows, and lots of animals. The keepers do a lot of educational presentations. I have an annual pass and go every week while wintering in Florida.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:43 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

A lot of folks like Tropical Palms, closer to Disney. Right next to Old Town which is good for cruise nights if your into old cars.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I only stay at Fort Wilderness when in Orlando. You pay top dollar but it's worth it. Nicest park I've been to. Little tip unless you book way in advance book it online as if you are staying for 3 weeks. Then as you get closer just cancel the days you don't want to use. There is no charge. Unfortunately they cater to the snow birds that stay for a long time.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:02 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I only stay at Fort Wilderness when in Orlando. You pay top dollar but it's worth it. Nicest park I've been to. Little tip unless you book way in advance book it online as if you are staying for 3 weeks. Then as you get closer just cancel the days you don't want to use. There is no charge. Unfortunately they cater to the snow birds that stay for a long time.
This used to be a good way to get the exact dates you need but they have changed their system and it is not as easy to change your dates, if interested in Fort Wilderness & Disney info check out this site for great info & help Fort Fiends
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote