Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2019, 02:44 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

Winter Paddleboarding Campsites and tips for winters

Greetings!

I got annual leave from work this month and I want to fulfil my childhood dream paddleboarding. When I talked with family, most of them said, it's offseason but when I searched online. I found that with some cautions, I can do paddleboarding in winters. I am also sharing these tips here.

I would have to stay close to the shore and better to wear a leash. Or we can say leash is a must for a beginner like me.

I would have to paddle with a group that's why I am willing to go to the paddleboarding campsites.

Use of winter clothes or wetsuits would also be a good idea.

However, what other things should I follow for paddleboarding in winters? Secondly, I also need some pieces of advice from your end about the selection of good SUP. I am considering this SUP ( https://www.paddleboardtips.com/atol...p-paddle-board ) for my paddleboarding because of its stability and good compatibility for fishing. Yes, I also want fishing on SUP.

On the other hand, if I go with used SUP then what are your suggestions. Actually, I found a facebook page with the name of The CrossRoads that were selling SUP last August. From the picture, it was looking they are selling the used ones. So, your suggestions would be appreciated.

Now, let us talk about paddleboarding campsites in California. I found the following ones good idea but you can also recommend other places as well.

- King Harbor of Redondo Beach - Los Angeles
- Dana Point - Orange County
- Coronado Island - San Diego

I also found many SUP campsites here but you can give ideas according to your experience and according to campsite's compatibility for winters.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Lake Superior in WI. might be a place to try.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Lake Superior in WI. might be a place to try.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I checked and found surfing season starts from October and ends in January.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping world, campsite, paddleboarding