Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

A Positive Review

We all have read negative reviews, and I think they have their place and purpose. But we all know that there are far more negative reviews than positive ones. I once read a review where the camper came back from their first outing with over 20 issues that they wanted to have addressed. So I just wanted to help balance the scales just a bit.

We went on our maiden voyage this past week in our new Cruiser Aire. We spent from Wednesday through Sunday at Ft. Parker State Park in Central Texas. I am happy to say that I do not have one single issue to report that I would like to have addressed either by my dealer or the mfg. It was hot there early in the trip and we used both air conditioners. Worked great. It turned cold and got down almost to freezing. Furnace worked great. TV and entertainment system were flawless. All windows opened easily for a fresh breeze, and all closed back securely. The slideouts went out and back in with seeming precision. All cabinet doors and trim remained as square and snug as they were when we bought the trailer in the Fall.

Apart from how the trailer did on its first test, we had a great trip. Saw beaver and a mating pair of bald eagles...both of which are rare in this part of the world. There were ducks, geese, white pelicans and a variety of herons and cranes. I caught fish. We had great neighbors, one of whom used to be a tour bass fisherman. He gave me some great instruction, which I truly appreciated.

In short, it was everything a person could hope for a camping trip to be. I know it is only its first trip, but I could not be happier with our purchase of the Cruiser Aire. I hope that every trip that every reader of this post takes this year will be as enjoyable as this one was. It is what makes us love to camp.

What ways shall I wish I had taken when I am leaving this world? - William Law

Rhizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Rhizoo - that is fantastic and thanks for sharin - glad ya'll had a great first trip!
2014 Cruiser Aire 30DB (Bunk house)
DavidandJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

You gotta luv a great review and a good time!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

We still haven't been able to take our new (to us) 2013 st26bh out yet due to the weather, but will be going to NM in about 3 weeks. Been in and out of it since we got it just to see how everything works. So far what I have been able to test has been just great. Slide has worked like it is suppose to, entertainment center, heater, air conditioner, fireplace, lights, water heater, pump, awning and everything else I could test and try out has worked as it is suppose to. I think Crossroads has come up with a great trailer that not only has all the comforts of home, but also one that looks great. We park it in our driveway and have several people stop for a look see.
2001 ford excursion 7.3 diesel
Rick G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
Site Team

Now, that was a refreshing review to read!!!
Thank you!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I belong to a couple travel websites and the topic negative reviews come up often. One thought is why talk about it when things are good? So you have many more negative ones than positive....When we picked up our trailer last week, the dealer locked the keys inside the unit when we had left. Got home and figured this out. Not a big deal to me, got to go back and poke around the store again.

Could have written a big negative review, but sometimes things happen.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Good to hear. We need more folks to post when things are going well.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Rhizoo, thanks for taking the time to post this! I'm so happy you had a trouble-free, fun first trip! This is the way it's supposed to be - the problems should be the exception to the rule. And I'm sure it would be that way if everyone took the time, as you did, to praise the positive. Awesome job! May many more happy, relaxing trips be in your future!
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #9
Site Team

I wish more would post their positive experiences like you. Very nice.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Well just to keep with the positive experience topic, we've had our 2015 SF32RL since last June and had no major issues with ours. We spent almost 75 nights and covered about 2500 miles last season. We did have a few minor things go wrong but, nothing that wasn't fixable on the spot. After the whole season of camping I only had 6 or 7 items that I had the dealer do and that was only because they had to order parts from the PDI inspection and I had to bring it there anyway. Hopefully year 2 will be just as great. The trend that I have noticed is that most of the complaints are from the 2013/14 Sunset Trail travel tralier owners. Is there not many people out there with 5'ers?

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447
Rhizoo,
Thanks so much for this glowing report of your first experience. We see so many who have problems their first time out and it makes you wonder. I wish everyone who had a first time experience like yours would share also. It would certainly give us all more reason to write notes of appreciation like this instead of notes of condolences.

Thanks again,
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Rezerve

I would like to say one thing about our new Crossroads Rezerve. Wow. For those hard of reading let me repeat that, Wow!!
Anyone with doubts about Crossroads products needs to find a dealer that sells Rezerve and have a look for themselves.
Congratulations Crossroads, this is a very nice unit.