Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Exploring the East Coast

Hi my name is Bert and I have a camping problem.
We just got back in August from a month long trip traveling the mid west and the west. My job forces me to pick my 2016 vacation now in October. So what does this do... it makes me start planning for next year. This causes me to obsess on my trip until July.

With that said. This year we are going to travel to Hershey, PA, Philly, Boston, Acadia National Park, Montreal, Niagra Falls,, Catskills. Then if time permits Dollywood, Smokey Mountains and Cloudland Canyon. The most southern is not as important because it's easier for us to get to.

Any suggestions to visit in the North East?
Attached Images
File Type: png Summer 2016.png (592.0 KB, 7 views)

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I am weak on suggestions, but love your intro!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Since you're crossing over into Canada, see Ottawa, our nation's capital. It has a lot to offer. We live near there, and would let you camp here, except we are planning a trip to Alaska at that time.

In upper New York State, near Rochester, there is a State Park called Letchworth State Park. It is well worth a stop. They have lots of large sites and stunning scenery. It was voted the best State Park in the whole U.S.A. recently. If you go, make sure you get the free tour of the dam! Reservations may be a good idea for this one.

If you go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, check out Brock's Monument. You can climb all the way to the top inside the tower. The kids would love that!

If you are going to Toronto, the CN Tower is great, Casa Loma is worth seeing, and the Toronto Zoo is great.

Lancaster is near Hershey and has a lot of Amish related attractions.

I hope this helps. Have fun planning!

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I'm about 15 minutes from Hershey, LMK when your visit takes place and I may have some suggestions. Other than traveling a lot as part of my work, I have lived here all my life - almost 60 years.
denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

If you have not been there Gettysburg is certainly worth a visit.
Should you be in RI the beaches are some of the best on the east coast.
The water is still warm and the beaches are south facing.
Newport is a great destination and seafood and Italin food are unrivaled in RI. Leaf peeping will be nice in New England.
Enjoy and safe travel
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I don't have any good camping suggestions- but I'm telling you right now, you have not LIVED until you have eaten at the 1640 Hart House in Ispswich, Mass. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but on the inside...a phenomenal historic building with outstanding food. Settled in Ispwich, which is a neat town in itself! Worth the trip!

1640 Hart House, Ipswich, Massachusetts
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

The more I research the more difficult it is to fit things into 30 days. I'm already thinking more like 37 days. So much history to fit in.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Bert, In the Boston area I would check out Normandy Farms Campground. They have shuttles to Qunicy Market and to Boston. On your way back from Montreal I would suggest coming into Vermont at Lake Champlain area. We stayed at Apple Island Campground. Things to do around there are Ben & Jerrys factory, Vermont Teddy Bear factory, the downtown market place in Burlington. In NY there is the Lake George area that is very nice or the Finger Lake Region also. Coming out of Niagra Falls you could stop at Presque Isle in Erie, PA or go to Cedar Point Amusment Park in Sandusky, OH. Let me know if you decide to make any stops in CT on your way from Philly to Boston and I can give you some sugestions. Depending on the timing of your trip, maybe we could meet up. We were the Sunset Trail 5th wheel when you were at Nashville KOA this past summer. Happy and safe travels. We are doing the Finger Lakes/Watkins Glen and Niagra Falls areas on our way to the Crossroads Rally next year.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote