Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
New Camper

Nashville Shores, Hermitage, TN

We decided to spend this Labor Day weekend at Nashville Shores. We only live about an hour away from the park and visit the water park a couple of times a year but have never stayed at the campground due to bad reviews online. But, this weekend we decided to give it shot and have been very pleased with our stay.
My take on some of the bad reviews I've read:
Yes the sites are tight, our pull through was fairly easy to get into, but get ready to know your neighbors. Which hasn't been a problem because we've either been at the water park or watching college football all weekend.
The water city water is good and clear not brown like I have read others complain about.
Electric hookup is good, we've run both ac units all weekend along with other appliances and haven't tripped a breaker yet.
The bathhouse is older, but very clean and maintained, but every site here has sewer hookups so we have taken most shower in the camper anyway.
This is a great place for families, not a lot to in the campground but your next door to a huge water park. There are also kayak and paddle boat rentals and a marina with a bbq joint and boat rentals on J. Percy Priest Lake.
We did have one issue, upon checking in when we get to the site we were assigned it was already occupied by another couple who had been here for 2 weeks and we're not leaving until after the holiday. But after the park manager came down and cleared up the confusion and was very helpful with assigning us anew site.
Overall it's been a great weekend and would definitely come back to this campground.

Lascassas,Tn
2017 Sunset Trail ST320BH
2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
Husky Centerline hitch
willyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp View Post
We decided to spend this Labor Day weekend at Nashville Shores. We only live about an hour away from the park and visit the water park a couple of times a year but have never stayed at the campground due to bad reviews online. But, this weekend we decided to give it shot and have been very pleased with our stay.
My take on some of the bad reviews I've read:
Yes the sites are tight, our pull through was fairly easy to get into, but get ready to know your neighbors. Which hasn't been a problem because we've either been at the water park or watching college football all weekend.
The water city water is good and clear not brown like I have read others complain about.
Electric hookup is good, we've run both ac units all weekend along with other appliances and haven't tripped a breaker yet.
The bathhouse is older, but very clean and maintained, but every site here has sewer hookups so we have taken most shower in the camper anyway.
This is a great place for families, not a lot to in the campground but your next door to a huge water park. There are also kayak and paddle boat rentals and a marina with a bbq joint and boat rentals on J. Percy Priest Lake.
We did have one issue, upon checking in when we get to the site we were assigned it was already occupied by another couple who had been here for 2 weeks and we're not leaving until after the holiday. But after the park manager came down and cleared up the confusion and was very helpful with assigning us anew site.
Overall it's been a great weekend and would definitely come back to this campground.
We enjoyed it there for the fourth of July, but the only thing I noticed was everything was extra. But I knew that going in. The zip line courses were a blast.
Labbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Willyp
We camped there in Sept. of 2014...Electric good, full hook up great, bathhouse was clean as stated in your post...The only problem I had with the campground was we originally reserved a back-in-site, because I don't have a problem backing, and it's cheaper...Also when we reserved I knew there was a tree line behind the back-in-sites...After backing into our site and getting ready to set up, I noticed that the tree behind our site, had many LARGE DEAD limbs hanging over the site as did all the back-in-sites...Since I don't know of any campground that would reimburse me for damage done by a tree limb hitting my camper, I asked to be moved to another site...At which time I was moved to a pull-through site which were the only sites that didn't have large dead tree limbs hanging over them...Upon being moved I was charged more for the pull-through site...I thought I should have been charged the same as the back-in site...If it wasn't for the dead limbs I would have been more than happy to stay in the original site...In all fairness though I should say I did not question or argue with the higher price, but I feel that should have been automatically given to me...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote