Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Routing help for Niagara area

We are heading up to Niagara this summer and will be staying at Four Mile Creek State Park. The question I have is can we take I190 to Upper Mountain Rd and then get onto the Niagara Scenic Pkwy North all the way to the state park? Or would we have to take the Niagara Scenic Pkwy North to NY 104 over to NY 18 to get up to the state park? I remember reading somewhere that they closed down the Pkwy north of Lewiston and was just wondering if anyone has been that way recently and can tell me if it is open or not. I know when I try to do the route on my GPS it takes me over to NY 18 and wont let me redirect onto the Pkwy. But when I do the routing in Google or even Good Sam's it has me going on the Pkwy.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

As a former New Yorker generally parkways do not allow trucks or trailers. I can't speak for the Niagara Parkway but it's something to check.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
As a former New Yorker generally parkways do not allow trucks or trailers. I can't speak for the Niagara Parkway but it's something to check.
Thanks for the info. When I check the New York state DOT website the only restrictions I could find for the Niagara Scenic Parkway was no commercial vehicles. Now New York City Parkways and the surrounding area has restrictions for RV and commercial vehicles listed.

I have read on other forums that RV's can and RV's can't be on the Niagara Scenic Parkway. So I guess to be on the safe side I will probably just stick to our original plan and take NY 104 over to NY 18.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL
Old 06-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcpl View Post
Thanks for the info. When I check the New York state DOT website the only restrictions I could find for the Niagara Scenic Parkway was no commercial vehicles. Now New York City Parkways and the surrounding area has restrictions for RV and commercial vehicles listed.

I have read on other forums that RV's can and RV's can't be on the Niagara Scenic Parkway. So I guess to be on the safe side I will probably just stick to our original plan and take NY 104 over to NY 18.
In NY if your PU has a commercial tag, even though it isn't used commercially, it is not allowed on the parkways.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
In NY if your PU has a commercial tag, even though it isn't used commercially, it is not allowed on the parkways.
No commercial tags just standard Indiana truck plate.

Phil & Janine
2014 Cruiser 333RL