Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Thanksgiving Camping?

Any one have plans to camp for thanksgiving? We are headed to Fayetteville, Ar tomorrow and then Branson on Monday through Friday. This is one of our favorite weeks to go, and have never been to Branson so we are looking forward to it!
2014 Cruiser Aire 30DB (Bunk house)
DavidandJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Land of Pines Covington Louisiana
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

check out ABC [America,s Best Campground].. it is a few miles outside Branson.
The view is spectacular, as it sits on a hill. You can views the town lights at night.
We have seen deer in the evening, also
The Jim Stafford show is good, clean comedy.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for tips, we are staying at Branson Lakeside as it is right in town and we are meeting some family who is staying in a hotel by the landing. But we will definitely drive out and look at the other parks for future reference!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I never post where I'm going; I post after I return. Because of a death in the family, I alone took our camper from SC to KS, along a usual, direct way. The nights got into the 20's, so I operated with water from the tank, not hookup. The propane and the electric heater kept everything warm. After taking care of family business, I was able to have a "Thanksgiving Eve" turkey dinner with all the fixings that I prepared in the camper, for my bachelor son, and old USAF buddy in Wichita. The three of us had a great dinner, and I hit the road straight south to Texas to get away from the icy rains that came in on Thursday. I went south and then east. Along the way I was invited to Thanksgiving Dinner at the Lazy L campground in Sherman TX, and because of my military status, was welcome for free at the Cherokee Campground in Birmingham! (I returned the favor by cooking cheeseburgers on the grill for them!). All in all, a good trip, and I avoided most of the weather. Fall camping is very nice down here.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Marty - sorry for your loss but sounds like it turned out better than it started. We had a great time in Branson, cut the trip short due to possible ice in Oklahoma city so cam straight home on Friday. We spent some time and drove to most of the RV parks and depending on what you are looking for there is something for everyone. We had family staying at the hotel at Branson Landing so this park was about a 1/2 mile walk along the lake on concrete and lit trails. Very safe and very friendly; it worked great for us.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJennifer View Post
Marty - sorry for your loss but sounds like it turned out better than it started. We had a great time in Branson, cut the trip short due to possible ice in Oklahoma city so cam straight home on Friday. We spent some time and drove to most of the RV parks and depending on what you are looking for there is something for everyone. We had family staying at the hotel at Branson Landing so this park was about a 1/2 mile walk along the lake on concrete and lit trails. Very safe and very friendly; it worked great for us.
We were in Branson last year, and stayed at a nice city campground. Where did you stay?
Old 12-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We stayed at Branson Lakeside RV park.it is owned by the city, everyone was very friendly. They are at the end of the bass pro shop parking lot and right on the lake.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

We stayed at Shenanigans. New owners, nice place, but a little tricky to get level.
Dalzell SC