Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
New Camper

2014 Slingshot 25RS?

Hi all,

New to forum and looking very seriously at a 2014 Slingshot 25RS with the bunks up front and king bed slide at rear.

Does anyone have one of these that could give me the good and or bad on owning this rig?

From what I've read, I should be on the lookout for anything indicating a water leak issue. Anything else that I should tweak on on when I view the unit?
Thanks
Darren
Sixonesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

There is a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist in the Documents section of this forum under miscellaneous.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
There is a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist in the Documents section of this forum under miscellaneous.
Darren
I always thought the most important things to plan for, when buying a camper, is how many people you plan to camp with and the floorplan...It seems that you already have that figured out...As far as issues with the camper, no two are the same, so as PapaT has pointed out, print out the PDI list and take it and a camcorder with you when the dealer goes over the camper with you, before you sign the papers and take ownership of the camper...There will always be issues with any camper all you can hope for is they are just small issues with your camper...

PS...Good luck and welcome to the forum...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
New Camper

Hi where is the trailer and how much are they asking for it? I have seen a slingshot 25rs in Alberta that has a leak where the rubber roof joins the front fiberglass cap. This has caused the front cap fiberglass to have horizontal ripples in it. Also the hardboard ceiling has warped above the top bunk. I am afraid the repair would be very costly as the OSB or plywood under the rubber roof may have gotten wet and need to be replaced and the whole front fiberglass cap would also need replacing. Probably would be a can of worms once someone started to try to repair this trailer. All because of the failure of the lap joint sealant between the rubber roof and the front fiberglass cap.
mikegug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

When we picked up our new unit last year I enterbonded every seam front cap rear cap all of the vents and along the roof costly but worth the prevention
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Well Ive been looking at a slingshot 25rs as well and I've been wondering it has a soft spot so who concerned should I be about that??
Sir_LR is offline   Reply With Quote