Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
New Camper

A 20,000+ investment you will regret!

After only have our camper for a few years we have multi issues, to be told when we call crossroads none of it is under warranty! Are you kidding an over 20,000 purchase and I have a leaking roof, slide out, linoleum bubbling, wall paper on the slide out bubbling more possible moisture! On top of it all shortly after we bought it the skylight in the bathroom leaked and they dealer (extremely unfriendly) fixed it to have it leak within weeks! Told us is common and just put more dicor sealant on it. That didn't work it continued to leak. Needless to say after only owning it for a few years I'm confident we bought a very expensive pile of junk. We have it sitting on a permanent campsite and noticed nobody else has this brand! We will tell anyone we know not to purchase your product of any kind! I guess from what we've heard from camping friends they have 10 years of warranty on the roof! Really think before you decide your buying something your going to love vacationing with your family to find out after only a few years you will have major issues!
Tschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Sorry to hear.
I have had alot of problems with mine
Just Remember RVs are not investments
They are nightmares sometimes But other times there is nothing better in Life.
We full time. And love it. Good luck

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
New Camper

We go to our permanent often and love it. We have learned to definitely do our research before buying next time and crossroads will never be on our list. I hope others do their research before buying. Other companies have better warrties and we will choose one of them.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

2017 Rezerve 32ft. Really well constructed with little to no issues. Everything has held up well with the exception of a few things that were easily repaired. I would defiantly buy this brand again, no doubt. I am impressed with the slide outs, the awning, electronics, fit, form and function.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
New Camper

I'm glad to hear you love your camper, I'd say the same thing if I'd had a better experience. What I've complained about isn't even the minor issues we've had. It's so disappointing making such an expensive purchase to have major issues in 4 years of owning in. We should have bought a better quality but lesson learned. I just hope it last as long as e expected it to but is not looking good at only 4 years old.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I hear you. Hope mine last 5 more years till full time. I have learned a lot from my purchase. The new rig will not be of the same manufacture.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #7
Gone Traveling

Crossroads is one of the many holdings of Thor which is the largest rv manufacturer, my point, good luck finding one that they don't manufacture. Regardless of the price, brand, model, or manufacturer they are ALL rvs & I doubt that there is one person in the rv business that can spell "QUALITY CONTROL".
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #8
New Camper

You've got that right!
Old 07-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #9
New Camper

We will do the same!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Crossroads is one of the many holdings of Thor which is the largest rv manufacturer, my point, good luck finding one that they don't manufacture. Regardless of the price, brand, model, or manufacturer they are ALL rvs & I doubt that there is one person in the rv business that can spell "QUALITY CONTROL".

All very true.
Another thing about RV’s is they all require constant maintenance and up keep. A person has to be vigilant all the time so things don’t get out of hand. They’re not like a stick built home where you can get away with not always monitoring. They are all an expensive toy. Usually for most people—they get back out of them what they put into them. Anyway that’s been my experience with them.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #11
Site Team

And the sometime poor quality is not only from Crossroads, but throughout the whole industry. Me previous Monoco 5th wheel soaked up water like a sponge. Replaced 2 interior walls and 1/2 the floor before getting rid of it.
It's a crap shoot wall all brands.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Been fulltiming 8 years now. Fulltime RV up keep. If it's not one thing it's something else. Good luck. Been in our Rushmore 3 years now. Last week finally have A/C working too 100%. Refrigerator's working 100%. Its been struggle. Must thank our RV mobile guy. Trusty Wrench, Paul knows his RV's
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
New Camper

We do the maintenance on ours and were very particular about keeping everything in great shape. We do have harsh winters and I'm sure that contributes to a few things.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #14
Site Team

Here's a few things I've noticed.
1. You have owned this trailer for several years. What make, model and year it is, we don't know. You didn't say.
2. You joined the forum on 7/20/2017.
3. On 7/21/2017 you started this thread. You have made 6 posts so far. Pretty much all negative.
Maybe if you had joined the forum when you first purchased the camper and spent some time here, it might have proven to be a big help. Problems could have been addressed when they first became evident, and possibly things wouldn't have gotten to where they're at now.
We have a great member base here and they're all willing to help with what ever knowledge they might have on the subject.

I'm sorry you are having problems, as I'm sure everyone else is. If you would like some help or advise on fixing/taking care a a problem, ask.
Somebody here will have an answer for you.

Now, just for your information.
This forum is not owned, nor is it operated by CR.
It's owned and operated by Social Knowledge Network, and all of the moderators/site team, are volunteers.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #15
New Camper

Thanks for this information.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #16
New Camper

i wish i read this before we bought our 2014. now we have water in the back bedroom and they have no interest in helping since the warranty expired in 2014. the thing is a 5 year old piece of crap that i wish we never bought. does anyone know of a company on the new hampshire area that will fix an interior?
jgalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #17
Site Team

As to fixing the interior damage any rv shop can do the work. The first thing should to find the source of the leak that caused the damage. Water can leak in in one spot and cause damage someplace else because it travels before it soaks in and starts rot.

And the warranty not wanting to help-- well it is out of warranty. If my 08 GMC truck throws a rod the warranty would not help nor should they its not a lifetime warranty.

Too bad Craftsman doesn't make a camper. Only thing I know of with a lifetime warranty.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expensive bad purchase, roof leak, slide out leak, warranty sucks