Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi all, newbie here. Like I saw on another thread, there's a discrepancy between what the website says and what the Slingshot brochure says about weights for the 21FD for dry and hitch weights. I think the other thread said the website was correct in the case of the other model, just looking for some confirmation on the 21FD. Anybody own one and can give the actual weights on your sticker? I'm waiting on a response from both the Crossroads "contact" function on the website and have a call into a salesperson at Crossroads.

Thanks in advance!Edited by: stephen
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have a GT26RL Slingshot which we really enjoy. When we did the walk through the service tech opened up one of the upper kitchen cabinet doors which had a sticker indicating a "certified" dry weight for that specific unit. Don't know about the hitch weight. You may want to check for that as he indicated it is mandatory for the factory to provide that info.

martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
New Camper

Thank you! Expecting a call from a dealer soon and it will help to tell him where exactly to look.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
New Camper

Hi
Gosh I thought I was the only one on this site that owned a GT21FD Slingshot! The sticker on the inside of the cabinet says my trailer weighs 3182 without propane tanks full and no water. That's pretty close to web site specs.
We really enjoy our slingshot. Ours is a 2011 and we bought it in Sept. we have camped out 6 nights and really enjoyed it.
No problems with anything so far, and the first weekend we went out it rained almost the entire time---no water leaks! We really like the light weight, easy to pull and one of the deciding factors for us buying it was the overall height of 9'4"--it will fit into my shop which only has 10' doors.

Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

Crossroads Slingshot
mrfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfast
HiGosh I thought I was the only one on this site that owned a GT21FD Slingshot! The sticker on the inside of the cabinet says my trailer weighs 3182 without propane tanks full and no water. That's pretty close to web site specs.We really enjoy our slingshot. Ours is a 2011 and we bought it in Sept. we have camped out 6 nights and really enjoyed it.No problems with anything so far, and the first weekend we went out it rained almost the entire time---no water leaks! We really like the light weight, easy to pull and one of the deciding factors for us buying it was the overall height of 9'4"--it will fit into my shop which only has 10' doors.

Really appreciate the response and review!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to Thieryy

Hi,

we have a GT21FD to. We bougth it in August 2011. We also really enjoy it. Last summer I check the weight with all the stock in (gaz, water and all you need for the week end with out facilities) and the total weight was 4120lbs !
Old 02-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieryy

Hi,
Â*
we have a GT21FD to. We bougth it in August 2011. We also really enjoy it. Last summer I check the weight with all the stock in (gaz, water and all you need for the week end with out facilities) and the total weight was 4120lbs !

Thanks! So you pull it with the 2008 Sorento in your signature line? Does your Sorento have the 3500 lb towing capacity or the 5000 lb capacity? If you have the 3500 lb capacity, did you notice a difference when the camper was totally loaded up at 4120 lbs? I am wanting to get into a travel trailer BAD but drive a 2007 Honda Pilot 4wd with a 3500 lb towing capacity for a trailer (camper, whatever) and 4500 lbs for a boat (more for the boat since it's more aerodynamic). I live in SE Texas and wherever I go will be pretty flat. If it means I have to buy a new tow vehicle, then I'm gonna wait to get a trailer and just step up the towing capacity in my next vehicle.

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to Thieryy

Hi,

I have the 3500 lbs capacity and It was easy to two it. I do not fell that the truck was overload. I was in perfect control. On the hi-way I was running a little 105 km/h (+/- 60 m/h) and I could go faster but I prefer to run safe when I have 4000 lbs in the backl . On the</span> road</span> most mountainous</span> I use the</span> manual mode</span> and</span> it goeswell. I just had a transmision cooler to be safe.</span>
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
New Camper

Sounds good!! Thank you for all the info!!