Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and Crossroads RVs. My wife and I just picked up a 29BH about three weeks ago. I wanted something smaller to start with (18' - 22'), but my wife fell in love with the 29BH, so there you go.

We've had two camping trips so far; learning the trailer thing and liking it. We pickedours up from Camping World in Spartanburg, SC. Seems to be an excellent dealership, but a little far from home (almost 50 miles).

We're towing with a 2000 Xterra, which has a 5,000 lb towing capacity. That (and the gas prices) was main reason for going for an ultra-lite. I'll admit that our Xterra has to strain a bit on the steeper hills, but overall, it does well. Needless to say, we won't be taking any trips out to the Rockies with this setup, but it's great for local and regional camping trips.

Hope to meet other Slingshot owners here in the future!

Edited by: DoubleVeteran

South Carolina

2011 Slingshot 29BH
DoubleVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congrats on the new Slingshot.

"Doubleveteran"??? I am a retired Navy Vet (28 years). Does the DV refer to you and your wife?

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Congrats DoubleVeteran! We are expecting to take delivery of our 29BH in about 4 weeks. We decided to get the 2012 because the boss wanted the new fabric colors.

I hope you have a great time with your new TT.

What kind of hitch are you using on yours?
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Welcome and congrats on the new Slingshot.

"Doubleveteran"??? I am a retired Navy Vet (28 years). Does the DV refer to you and your wife?

Thnx for the welcome, Stan.

Actually, it's becuaseI served in the Army (75-79) and later the Air Force (85-88). DoubleVeteran seemed to fit

South Carolina

2011 Slingshot 29BH
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thnx Jgray. We've taken two weekend/close-to-home camping trips so far. Next week, we'll be traveling to the South Carolina coast and doing about 4 days of camping at the state park. Should be fun.

I've got a class 3receiver (rated @ 5,000 lbs) on the tow vehicle that I had installedby U-Haul about 5 years ago when I used to tow my motorcycle. The dealership installed the lights/brakes unit, along with a weight-distribution hitch and sway bar from EAZ-Lift.

South Carolina

2011 Slingshot 29BH