Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
New Camper

First time RV owner, just brought a Slingshot 32QB home. With a family of 5, really wanted a quad bunk unit. Dealer carried both Sunset Trail and Slingshot and to be honest, was leaning towards the Sunset Trail 29QB. But we sat on our wallet too long and when we decided to pull the trigger, it had been sold. So, instead of choosing between the 2, we only had the Slingshot left. Originally wasn't so keen on the silver/gray & black exterior and the darker interior, but it is starting to grow on me. The dry weight of just over 4800 lbs is also a plus. I think the Sunset Trail we looked at was just over 5800 lbs. The trailer itself seems long. I pull covered V-nose snowmobile trailers in the Winter so I'm experienced towing something large, but this thing looks loooong!!! Anyway, spent Saturday night hanging out in it in the driveway...really looking forward to this summer. Already have about 3 trips planned. Been reading the forums here alot and decided to sign up and get involved!
CCLFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Congrats on the new rig!Get some pics posted!

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on the new rig!

We just had our first "official" outing in our new 29BHS and had a great time. We searched everywhere for a TT that met our specs that was light enough for our TV. We finally came across a dealer that had a Slingshot on the lot and as soon as we stepped foot into it we knew we had found the right one for us.

2011 Slingshot 29BHS

https://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...29BHwithTV.jpg
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congrats on a great choice. Welcome to the forum.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We ordered a 2012 29BH on 4/29. Time is standing still for us....
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

jgray I know how you feel but when you get it you will feel great.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Just heard from the factory, should only be 4 weeks out.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
New Camper

First time into this forum.... bought a slingshot 29bh august '11. Enjoyed it for about 6 camping trips. Just traded it up for a '12 32QB-Spearmint interior with light maple cabinets. Does anyone own spearmint decor? It seems everyone has the sunflower decor. We have not seen a 32QB yet. It seems to be very long and my TV has 129" wb so the whole rig is going to look like a caravan! Can't wait to take delivery. I will post pics when we have it.

Well... I tried to post one photo here but the forum is not allowing me to post. I get an error

"Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005' Operation not Allowed /forum/edit_post.asp, line 135".

We love this camper. It is definitely big enough with the bunk room in the back. Crossroads have done a lot of improvements, features as well quality/workmanship. We believe we will be enjoying this for years to come!

Edited by: Campie
Campie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

We're getting Spearmint with Cherry cabinets on our 29BH. We thought that the Sunflower was nice, except we didn't like the looks of the wallpaper that goes with it. And by "we", I mean "she", of course.

I'll post up pics when we get it. New update has it offline on the 16th, a week behind the original estimate.

ticktockticktock......
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
New Camper

Called the factory today. Our 32QB is coming off the production line on July 20th. 15 more days after that we can start camping in it! Cant wait to see our new camper....

Campie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
New Camper

Finally got the 1st trip under the belt with the 32QB. Too many other things going on in the Spring and early Summer!! Everything went well for the 1st time. No problems, no issues. The only thing I noticed was it seemed we had to empty the gray tank almost every day or day and a half. I emptied it once the readoutindicated 2/3 full. We camped with full hookups so it was no issue doing that. And despite full hookup, I still instructed all to conserve water. I know the Slingshot had some of the smaller tank sizes when I did my research. But I put a priority on being lightweight. The black tank finally got to 1/3 full on the 4th day.

All in all...we were very happy and had a great time.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I got worried about the tank capacities myself. I've learned after the third time out that the gauges are not accurate. We had four of us, 2 big and 2 little make it four days without dumping. The black gauge read 2/3 by day 2. When I dumped on the way out of the park, the black gauge still read 1/3 and by the time I got back home, it read empty. I'm pretty sure I closed the valve.

<strike>2004 Dodge Durango</strike>

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Toilet Paper hangs up on the sensor and will cause a miss reading. I will add a bag of ice when traveling, this will swish around and clean the sensors

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #14
New Camper

Welcome aboard I'm afirst time RVowner andnew to this forum also. We have a ZT 27 BHSE and take our first trip this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. Enjoy your new TT!
Graybeard 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #15
Mac
New Camper

Wife n I just bought a 32QB as well. Gotta get

Through the next snow storm or two n hopefully ours will arrive

Soon after. We bought ours at an RV show here in Green Bay

N I was really impressed with it right away. I only hope that the quality

Of the RV is what they say it is. I like everything about it. Didn't

Want to buy a new truck yet so the weight thing was a big

Factor for me. Have you run into anything questionable with it.

Any nice things you've noticed after purchase?

I will be posting our "Good" and any "Bad" or "Wonders" on this

Forum once we get it. Enjoy!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
New Camper

We ended up using ours for a total of 4 trips last summer. Already had a flyaway vacation planned for a couple weeks in June so we lost some time there. But each of the 4 trips was at least 4-5 days or more. Everything worked just fine. My only question mark....and I knew this buying....is the lack of ducted heat. You have the single furnace near the fridge. We took one trip where it was very cold.....and it seemed like that furnace ran all the time. Ducted heat would have been nice, but I knew it didn't have that going into it. And for that trip it was unseasonably cold for that time of year. Nice things? Man....could list a ton. This was our first camper....so nothing to compare with. Love the quad bunk in the back. Always had the small table and chairs set up and the kids loved hanging out back there. Loved the lightweight. My 9 year old truck with 150,000 never had a problem pulling. Got lots of compliments on the exterior color....not that looks really matter, but hey, lots of others noticed too! Access to the water pump under the rear bunk was easy for me to do the winterize. Let me just say it this way....I haven't noticed anything that made me say I wished I had bought something else. Already have several trips booked for this summer and hope to soon add more.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Our 2012 29BH has ducted heat. I think there were a lot of changes to the Slingshot line from 2011 to 2012.

Mac, I hope you have miles of fun. There are plenty of great places to go in Wisconsin.

<strike>2004 Dodge Durango</strike>

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
Old 10-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
New Camper

Just brought home our new-to-us 32QB. Very happy to have it! My reasons for buying sound very similar to other posts here. Weve been looking for an rv to replace our popup for quite a while now...this was the best combo of weight, size, etc. Was very happy to find one used and in excellent condition for a decent price.

Brought it home after darkin the pouring rain last Thursday from Richmond, 158 miles...that was fun...but no problems. So far testing systems etc and cleaning in the driveway. Will keep you posted on howit does after our first trip.

ken in md is offline   Reply With Quote