Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

slingshot 32qb front end wavy

Hey folks. My wife bought us a new RV without any input from me and now it sits in our driveway. I really like it and we trusted the people she bought it from(coworker) but the front end is kinda wavy towards the bottom where it meets the diamond plating. I asked him about this when we picked it up and he said all of the 2012 units at the dealer were like that. He said there was a leak in the front storage compartment when they first bought it but the dealer fixed it and it hasnt leaked since. My thoughts are this wavy front end seems like water leaking to me, or no? I havent seen any evidence of any water leaks anywhere on the unit and we have had some good rains here in michigan lately. Your thougts would be appreciated. Thanks.
t.stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
Site Team

First welcome to the forum and to Crossroads ownership. Try this. Google your year and model, click on images and check out the pics to see if other rv have your problem. Check the floor around the perimter of the rv for any signs of swollen wood. Good luck. Now get out there and camp.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
Site Team

PS Put your year and model in your signature so we can help you better.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I found two pics just searching online that look similar to mine. Maybe they did have a problem and its not water related? lol It says its a 2012 slingshot 32qb but one thing I noticed is most of the 2012's for sale have a dark gray front end whereas ours is a light gray. I'll have to double check the manufacturer date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slingshot front end.jpg (30.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg slingshot front end2.jpg (15.0 KB, 122 views)
t.stimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Often changes occur in mid year, so all models of a same year may not look the same, even the interior will change.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

well our second problem just popped up yesterday. The jensen radio/dvd player seems to have a mind of its own. Google search reveals this is another on going problem. Tried the reset and shutting the alarm off but the radio keeps coming on all by itself. Guess I will have to look into a replacement. Seems weird we have had this RV for over a month and just last night it starts acting up.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
New Camper

I have a 2012 Slingshot GT25BH and it has the same problem. The front end has waves but it is not leaking water. I've driven from Texas to Florida and back through driving rain and it did not leak. I'm thinking of removing the front panel and just re-gluing it. If it starts to tear I will stop and try to repair it from that point back. Other than looking bad the trailer is great.
clhernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

@clhernz, yeah i think thats whats going on with ours also. I have not seen any signs of leaking all summer inside the trailer. The dealer did mention repairing it like you intend on doing. He said they have done a couple of them. Good luck on the repair. Let us know how it goes.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

So I had a factory repair for this a few years back. The manager at Crossroads said what happens is some moisture gets in around the seals, or in my case the marker lights. For whatever reason, they put a layer of cardboard backer under the laminate. You know what happens to cardboard when it gets wet...the waves are the expansion of the layer.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

just to update this thread. We had the whole front outer shell replaced at the dealer this past winter. We had also noticed a water leak on the floor near the bathroom. The dealer said there was no butyl caulk behind the black seam/strip the goes around both sides and the front end. This causes the seam to rely only on the outer caulk and some moisture does get through but not enough to see apparent leaks. So they replaced the fiberglass front shell and butyl caulked the seams for less then $2k. Very happy with the work. So if you have this model rv I would have your dealer check and see if there is butyl caulk on yours, if not get it done before the damage gets worse.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

here is the a pic of the finished product
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160708_175350.jpg (342.3 KB, 18 views)