Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Rushmore Lincoln

Buyer Beware
In 2014 I traveled to Elkhart IN and purchased a new, never titled, Rushmore Lincoln from Tiara RV sales and this has become the biggest nightmare of my life. In Dec 2014 I retired and the wife and I began our lifelong dream of traveling the US and exploring new locations, shortly after beginning our adventure we began to notice stress cracks in the corners of the front slides. I contacted Crossroads about this issue and was told my unit was a dealer buy back unit and as such was not warranted. After repeated failed attempts to repair these cracks we began to notice a separation of the sidewall from the frame, upon closer inspection it was discovered the frame welds had broken causing the entire front end to shift and separate. Once again I contacted Crossroads and was told that this issue had already been addressed with me and was considered CLOSED by Crossroads. A worthless 5th wheel now. This company should be ashamed to provide this type of product to the American public. As a disabled veteran who sacrificed for his country it makes me sad for our fellow man.
BamaRamblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Can you post some pictures?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

I would keep calling CR/Thor, Better Business Bureau, NHTSA, .probably a lawyer. A broke frame is a safety hazard so I'd inform the company that if there's an accident related the the frame breaking that they will be 1st on the law suit list.
The Rushmores were built on the same line, same factory as my Redwood & both I guess now are stepchildren of Keystone, CR doesn't have parts & Keystone don't know anything about my RW.
Good luck getting it resolved, best bet may to trade it off, don't ask don't tell.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

A minor clarification (according to a factory rep). Rushmore's were moved to the Redwood line beginning with the mid-2014 models. Prior to that they were built on a separate line that had extreme quality problems. Quality supposedly improved after the move to the Redwood line.
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have a 14 Lincoln also just were abouts are noticing this. When I purchase mine there was a bit of a gap on the front left seam on the tv side. They just caulked it up but haven't noticed any cracks.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepaine View Post
A minor clarification (according to a factory rep). Rushmore's were moved to the Redwood line beginning with the mid-2014 models. Prior to that they were built on a separate line that had extreme quality problems. Quality supposedly improved after the move to the Redwood line.
We attended the Redwood rally in July/August of 2013 & part of the rally was a tour of the RW factory, but for our tour all that was being assembled on that day were Rushmores, they had a couple of new '14 RWs parked outside for us to tour. All those Rushmores on the line that day were probably called '14s.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepaine View Post
I wouldn't really take any comfort in the fact that they were built on the RW line. We visited a RW dealer in Corpus Christi, TX a couple years ago. They said they would no longer sell RW due to quality issues.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Bama
Sorry to hear about your Rushmore problems...Rushmore line was only sold for a few years and IMHO discontinued because of all the problems CR had with that line...Did CR every disclose to you at time of purchase that your Rushmore was a buy back...??? As much as I hate to say it I have to agree with Travelin Texans...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick View Post
I wouldn't really take any comfort in the fact that they were built on the RW line. We visited a RW dealer in Corpus Christi, TX a couple years ago. They said they would no longer sell RW due to quality issues.
I bought my RW at Corpus Christi Rv in Nov 2012 & at that time they were pushing them vigorously.
If dealers dropped all the rv lines with quality issues there would a lot of, actually all of them, empty rv dealers lots & would be selling used cars.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If dealers dropped all the rv lines with quality issues there would a lot of, actually all of them, empty rv dealers lots & would be selling used cars.
Travelin Texans
I agree with your statement, but the Rushmore brand had an unusually high number of problems IMHO...With that being said, when you buy any kind of RV having to deal with some kind of problem is the nature of the beast...After all you are for all intent and purposes dragging an apartment down the road...Also everyone expects to have some problems, it's the people that have enough problems to fill a novel I think we are talking about here, or at least I am...So Bama I feel for you, and hope you will find a solution to your dilemma...

PS...Thank you for your service and being part of the one percent, and hope you have a great Veterans Day...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I bought my RW at Corpus Christi Rv in Nov 2012 & at that time they were pushing them vigorously.

That’s the dealer I was referring to. I only posted what the manager told me. The RW are beautiful rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 11-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick View Post
I agree.
We visited A CR dealer in CO when we were out there -- I believe it was in 2013. They had several brands they were handling. One being the Rushmore. He was trying to sell it at or below dealer cost just to get out from under the Rushmore line. He stated they had been a real problem for him, and when that one was gone--he was done with them.

The Redwood also has had their share of problems and QC issues. Just because they moved the Rushmore to the Redwood line or vice a versa is not an indication of better QC.
There are some members here on the forum that have Rushmore's and report good luck. Others post of a tremendous amount of problems. Same goes for Redwood.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I agree.
We visited A CR dealer in CO when we were out there -- I believe it was in 2013. They had several brands they were handling. One being the Rushmore. He was trying to sell it at or below dealer cost just to get out from under the Rushmore line. He stated they had been a real problem for him, and when that one was gone--he was done with them.

The Redwood also has had their share of problems and QC issues. Just because they moved the Rushmore to the Redwood line or vice a versa is not an indication of better QC.
There are some members here on the forum that have Rushmore's and report good luck. Others post of a tremendous amount of problems. Same goes for Redwood.

One of our worst issues is the Alpha Ply roof. 3 of 4 slides have roof tape where the wiper contacts the roof. The other will need the tape soon. Apparently a chemical reaction. Of course, according to Alpha Solutions, we’re the only ones that ever had the issue. Wonder why they only used it two years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK