Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Rushmore Lincoln

Buyer Beware
In 2014 I traveled to Elkhart IN and purchased a new, never titled, Rushmore Lincoln from Tiara RV sales and this has become the biggest nightmare of my life. In Dec 2014 I retired and the wife and I began our lifelong dream of traveling the US and exploring new locations, shortly after beginning our adventure we began to notice stress cracks in the corners of the front slides. I contacted Crossroads about this issue and was told my unit was a dealer buy back unit and as such was not warranted. After repeated failed attempts to repair these cracks we began to notice a separation of the sidewall from the frame, upon closer inspection it was discovered the frame welds had broken causing the entire front end to shift and separate. Once again I contacted Crossroads and was told that this issue had already been addressed with me and was considered CLOSED by Crossroads. A worthless 5th wheel now. This company should be ashamed to provide this type of product to the American public. As a disabled veteran who sacrificed for his country it makes me sad for our fellow man.
BamaRamblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Can you post some pictures?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would keep calling CR/Thor, Better Business Bureau, NHTSA, .probably a lawyer. A broke frame is a safety hazard so I'd inform the company that if there's an accident related the the frame breaking that they will be 1st on the law suit list.
The Rushmores were built on the same line, same factory as my Redwood & both I guess now are stepchildren of Keystone, CR doesn't have parts & Keystone don't know anything about my RW.
Good luck getting it resolved, best bet may to trade it off, don't ask don't tell.

Danny & Linda
Fulltimers since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB
2013 GMC Denali DRW
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

A minor clarification (according to a factory rep). Rushmore's were moved to the Redwood line beginning with the mid-2014 models. Prior to that they were built on a separate line that had extreme quality problems. Quality supposedly improved after the move to the Redwood line.
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote