Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
New Camper

WE recently purchased a 2013 Rushmore Lincoln, and within 24 hours found that the Quality Control at the Factory was very poor, there where screws in switch covers that wouldn't stay in, exposed electric wires, the remote sensor on the Living room TV was below the cabinet, so that you have to stand up to work the tv, the TV antenna doesn't receive signals very well, there was water damage to the cabinet in the front window, this window seal had leaked, and it wasn't a tight joint where this seal came together. There was water damage under the front entertainment Slide-Out from water leaks on this slide-out,(the top seal was twisted, and there was places on top of this slide-out that wasn't sealed at the factory, two return trips to the Dealer for Repairs,two 200 mile round trips required for these repairs, they did pay us for the fuel for these trips.) Now this slide-Out won't go out, and they replaced the front motor in this slide-out the 1st time we took it back. There is a storeage door that is out of alignment, the power awning are hanging up. The back bumper on the shower door has fallen off. there are places on the cabinetry aren't finished. there is loose carpeting. The kitchen day/night shade is bowed at the bottom so that it doesn't cover the bottom of the window when pulled down. the drawers under the Refrigerators don't stay closed when traveling. Carpeting is frayed under the front entertainment Slide-out. The wiring for the TV cabling was miss wired. The self leveling system isn't working as it should. The front jack stabilizers barsmake it hard to get the legs up and down. The front ground clearance is barely enough, I have had to add a leaf to the rear spring on my 2008 F350 Super duty Dually 4x4 to keep from dragging.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
New Camper

Has anyone else had any of these problems with their Units and if, so, what has been done to fix them?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Unfortunately we have a lot of the same issues. We are still working on resolving them. Some were done after we first picked ours up but we still have a few. Shades aren't adjusted right, carpet is pulling away from both slides, and now something is wrong and we blew our fridge breaker causing all our food to go bad and the fridges reek of spoiled food. This is our first new camper and everyone is telling us it will get better but I am disappointed that something that costs as much as my first house couldn't have better quality control.

We did have troubles with our slides blowing a fuse and it was wires under the bed slide getting pinched and actually we have had almost all the same issues you said including the exterior wall coming apart at the slide corner. It had to be reinforced. We are now just trying to get through the camping season before going back to the dealer for the remaining issues. We are 165 miles from the dealer. They have been good so far.

On a positive note, the camper has a great floor plan and I hope we can get things resolved before the one year point. Only having 4 months this year to use it really scares me on what we won't find by then.Edited by: sdbison92
sdbison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Dang.....I feel pretty good about our Rushmore after reading that! Hope you can get it all worked out.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Good Luck, I have contacted Crossroads on our 2014 Lincoln Rushmore, we have had about 15 problems with ours, they seem to not care in the least bit,
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote