Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

2014 Lincoln coax/sat wiring use

I just picked up a 2014 Lincoln, with the 2013 floor plan. This was a consignment, so any issues are mine now, so far only a few. Hoping a Lincoln owner won't mind helping out! Apologies in advance for this longish post.

One issue is how the heck do you hook up TV feeds? Mark Barker from CrossRoads sent me the cable wiring diagram, so that is a start. I run into questions immediately. The diagram show two hookups for "Doorside (basement)" and three hookups for "Off Doorside (Basement)." I have two unmarked hookups in the rear basement on the driver side. Am I missing something? And to make things even more interesting, I have the Wingard Trav'ler DirecTV dish on the roof, which I need working as well.

I know to leave the TV Booster off, else it will use the roof-mount antenna. In the basement, is the top or bottom connector for cable TV? The diagram suggests that I would need a cable box for each TV, no way to feed the signal from the cable box out that I see. And that's okay, I'm simply trying to confirm the correct hookup. Where do you put your cable box?

For satellite, I am using my external dish with coax snaked in through the LR slide seal. Tacky, but it works. Again, in the basement, is the top or bottom for the satellite feed? In the diagram it appears that there is a splitter to send the TV signal from the DVR to both TVs, but what gets connected to where in the LR?

And finally, the Trav'ler. The unit appears to have been professionally installed. The previous owner however, had it connected to a separate coax that he ran through the LR slide seal. He made an attempt to route it behind the drawers but frankly made a mess of it. I have two issues with this. First, once powered on, the controller says that it is locked onto all three satellites. The cable snaked through the slide seal is connected to the SWM power unit, and then to my DVR. The DVR gives an Error 751 saying that does not have a SWM signal. I've tried two different SWM power bricks, same result. I want to use however the original coax that is routed through the roof. I have no idea how to identify it. Anyone know?

Again, sorry for the long post. One of the Lincoln owners will likely answer that entire thing with about three lines.
Old Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Not sure. But on my 2013 Jefferson satellite wire was orange

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I do have an orange coax cable down beside the LR TV. I'll see what I get out of that.

Anyone care to take a stab at which is which with my two unmarked connectors in the rear basement? Or the proper way to connect the cable TV box into the system?
Old 07-14-2016, 05:42 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

i have been trying to get mine to work for weeks when I have time. I have done more climbing on and off the roof. So this is what I got so far. I have the 14 Lincoln if I use my tailgater run the coax to the roof. There are 2 feeds you would think that the back one does the bedroom and front living room becauce of our design but no. Think they wired all these for a rear living space. so I connect to front connections and put my receiver in bedroom. hook up to bottom right coaxal it works. For front I hook to rear on top of roof and orange in the cabinet beside tv. You will have to figure out which one it is not hard by switch ing back and fourth. I can also use the sat connection in the docking station but only the one is wired that I can guess. I have tried manty combinations to get it to work but cant. Its a big trial and error process.
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hopefully I did the attachment right. If so, this is the wiring diagram that I received from CR. To start with, I have only one coax cable on the roof. I do have an orange coax cable, not connected, hanging in the LR TV compartment. The way I read the diagram, there should be a feed from the roof satellite to both the LR and BR. Additionally, we should be able to use the sat receiver in the LR and feed the output into a splitter, sending the TV signal to either the LR or BR TV.

I know this diagram isn't 100% accurate to begin with, as my basement only has two coax connectors. I changed the connector I was using for the cable input last night and now have cable TV in the LR! Yay, I can see if the harrycane is goin' to get me! While not accurate, I'm hoping that the diagram will give us a sense of how they approached the cabling.

Thanks for the additional clues, keep them coming! I have no problem making us a "map" if I get enough information to do one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rushmore satellite diagram.pdf (225.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks that's great,
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote