Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
New Camper

<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">We've had this Rushmore since the spring, but it was parked from April to October. We left for Arizona the last week of October and to date we've experienced the following problems. This is our first vacation in the unit. We've owned many many RV's in the past and never ever experienced something as bad as this.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">1.The bedroom slide would not come in, and we were thus stuck at an RV site.Had tofigure out how to put the slide in override mode to bring it in. Still not fixed though and we cannot get into bedroom because slide-out will not go out<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">Another note re slide operations, all slides sound like they're coming apart and can barely go in and out. The kitchen slideis so overloaded the rollers refuse to roll. Tell me why there are four slide rollers on the forward bedroom slides and on a Heavy heavy kitchen slide you have only five slides rollers, which appear to beinstalled backwards. The slide rollers in the kitchen are so over loaded there is structure distortion on the floors around the rollers

2. All curtains are falling on the ground, the screws are falling out. Blinds are falling off the walls.

3. The rearsofa/couch is not bolted down and moves around when towing, ripping the screws out of the walls and curtains off .
<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">4. Just Driving on freeways in the state of CA causes cupboard doors and drawers to open inadvertently causing more damage to the unit.

5. Moldings falling off everywhere

6. Two water leaks in two different slide outs causing mold problems . Maybe you're not suppose to use it on rainy days????

7. TV stop working... had to buy another one and install it

8. Awnings get stuck in most of the time and the led lights stopped working on one of them . The one awning that the lights are working onhave eight burnt out led bulbs.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">This may sound petty but this is suppose to be a new unit!<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
9. Drinking water tank leak . We could not figure how we where using so much water...

10 Outdoor storage compartment hinges sag, so loose you have to left the door to close it.

11. Kitchen slide out sounds like its coming apart when opening and closing. Look underneath and found the rollers are so overloaded they refuse to roll . It definitely requires extra rollers. You should see the sag in the material between rollers.

12. We have 17 screws broken or lost on our slide outs

13. No fantastic fan in bathroom. My wife can not open or turn the fan on. You almost need a step ladder to reach it and get enough force to open it.

14 Our floors have so many squeaks it is driving us crazy. Hard to believe this is a new unit! Crossroads needs to use 3/4 inch plywood instead of 5/8 and truly glued and screwed properly. A Rushmore is not a entry level unit. You should get more when paying more.

15. Had a brake light burn out. Crossroads and Rushmore silicone the units in place. What a disaster. You damage the finish trying to pry and pull to get the lens out to change the bulb...really!!!!!!!

16. The rear ladder is mounted so close to the unit there is insufficient room for your feet and therefore damage the painted surface with your shoes. Ladder needs to be four inches back.

17. All ofthe clear coat is falling off our wheels. Stop at discount tire and they said they have seen this before with Crossroads. <div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">18. Experienced tire cord separation on two tires and had to replace all four tires. $900 plus dollars later<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">19. Weird calking around thesink-drains oozing out making a mess. <div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
20. Finish on mirror in bathroom falling off<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
21. shelves in pantry not installed properly and arefalling down<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
22. One of the forward jacksis not welded straight causing extremely poor jack geometry. It looks like someone has hit something and bent the jack but not so. If you look inside you will see they have welded the jack over a inch off center.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
23. Caulking falling off roof ceiling<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
24. Slide-out opposite kitchen is downhill over 1.5 inchs making you feel like you are going to fall out of the coach when standing on it. The kitchen table was so uneven I had to pull it out and shim it so we could even use it.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
25. Carpet blinding falling apart<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
26. Wall paper tape coming off between all seams in unit. It would be my guess the fifth wheel construction is not strong enough to handle the stress of towing conditions.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
27. Staples coming through thecarpet causing feet to bleed when you step on them! Five so far and counting!<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
28. Fire extinguisher bracket broken<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
29.We have a switch in the forward storage compartment that does not turn on or off anything!<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
30. We have had five bulbs in the ceiling burn out already<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
31. Had to replace house batteries already<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">
32. A/c leaks water through the ceiling onto the carpet when in operation. Have not tried to use a/c in bedroom as of yet.<div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;"><div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal;">This is just ONE WEEK on the road with this unit. When we e-mailed service@crossroads we got a response back from someone in technical support who just told us to contact a dealer in our area. No comment at all on what we've gone through. We are currently on vacation and not planning to return for 3-4 months. If we take our unit into a dealer, with this laundry list of items they will probably need it for 3 months or moreto fix everything!

Does anyone have recommendations for a resolution here?
Edited by: lismauree
Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

you got a dud ..demand to get a replacement ..might not work , but worth a shot.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The only way to get ALL your concerns is to go to the factory service centre in Topeka. RV dealer service is a joke and an exercise in futility. See Randy and get it fixed right!!!

34 Seville CK

2011 Chev 3500 Duramax Crew 4X4, Fulltimer
Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Site Team

Something funny here. I believe that this post is almost an exact copy of a post that was posted 11/5/13 by

kglenn. http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...-in-crossroads.

Why did two different people post almost the same complaints?? I guess they could be traveling together but why post it twice.?

You decide. Just seems peculiar.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w
Something funny here. I believe that this post is almost an exact copy of a post that was posted 11/5/13 by

Why did two different people post almost the same complaints?? I guess they could be traveling together but why post it twice.?

They do seem pretty similar

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Hmmmmm both posters are from Canada on their profile. Edited by: sking
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

How about some pictures?Edited by: sking
Old 11-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

They do sound identical. With all those issues, how does one continue to camp and continue on with your vacation with all the slide issues etc?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 11-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I'm sorry gentlemen, but when I see a posting with this many things wrong, after only one week, something doesn't sound right. Replacing all 4 tires? Spending $900 on 4 new tires without calling anyone first? I'm sorry, but I'm only on my second unit but I was smart enough to go boondocking with both of my units the very first time out. Thereby testing the water pump, the batteries, and just about everything. Left Canada in October and used the A/C the first week out? I haven't seen temps that would warrant A/C usage in their first week of travel? I'm sorry, and I'm new, but I'm not that gullible. Or I guess if this is true the owner's should not have been that gullible. They say they've owned many, many RV's. Well if they have, I would think a 200 or 300 mile break in trip would have been warranted. Does anyone think having the unit "stored" from April to October would cause all these problems. Postings like this make me wonder, and they should make others wonder too.

JMHO

Travel well,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

First 13 points are basically a cut and paste from Kglenn's post. I do believe KGlenn is a real person but who goes in and cuts and pastes someone else's list of issues? That makes no sense at all.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Disgruntled customer, competitor, jerk take your pick I too believe that post is bogusEdited by: socoguy
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
New Camper

Purchased 2012 Rushmore,Jan2011 Rv show. Like yours, ours is stored from April to Oct. When we purchased this unit, we were attracted to all of the ammenities it had to offer. Also like you, we have many of the same issues, but to include, leaking skylight, end and front cap faded and cracking,sides of the slideouts delaminating, the list goes on and on. We have them documented. We are full time Rv'ers. Store this unit here in FL, and return to MI for 6 mos ito a Jayco TT. This is our 3rd New RV. Never, ever have we had so many issues with a New RV. This one being the most expensive purchase. The unit was in for service, only to be lied too and the unit being returned 21 days later and all of the repairs not done and those that were. some were "rigged". There is no compensation for not being able to stay in your unit. Service is no longer an option, we are going to seek the return of the unit! Have head conversations with several Rushmore customers with issues, exactly the same. Service would have to have our unit for several months and we get to rent a motel! NOT!!! In one conversation, the slideouts, physically felll off the tracks when extended. the repair took four months!, only to have the situation happen again. He ended up giving the unit back to the dealer! Don't quite know what solution we will end up with, but we are seeking every avenue! Maybe a class action lawsuit, this is definately product failure. Am on edge @ faulty wiring. Please let us know if you get a resolution. We will do the same.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
New Camper

Our unit is stored for 6 mos and we have never had a slideout "fall" out . Actually storing it at UHaul beneath a covered Steel awning-($800-6mos) in a secured lot, would not cause any of these issues.

Day night shades falling off the windows, etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Plus in lismauree's member profile they have a DOB of November 1986. Seems a little young to own a camper like this already and have owned "Many" Rv's already at a young age.

It will be nice when the new forum gets up and running and we have moderators.Edited by: longhauler

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w

Hi, Sorry. The one in the other topic was posted by my dad. I wasn't aware that he had already posted in this forum when I posted for him. He is travelling on the road whereas I have access to a computer and the internet 100% of the time so I was trying to help him out.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447
I'm sorry gentlemen, but when I see a posting with this many things wrong, after only one week, something doesn't sound right. Replacing all 4 tires? Spending $900 on 4 new tires without calling anyone first? I'm sorry, but I'm only on my second unit but I was smart enough to go boondocking with both of my units the very first time out. Thereby testing the water pump, the batteries, and just about everything. Left Canada in October and used the A/C the first week out? I haven't seen temps that would warrant A/C usage in their first week of travel? I'm sorry, and I'm new, but I'm not that gullible. Or I guess if this is true the owner's should not have been that gullible. They say they've owned many, many RV's. Well if they have, I would think a 200 or 300 mile break in trip would have been warranted. Does anyone think having the unit "stored" from April to October would cause all these problems. Postings like this make me wonder, and they should make others wonder too.

JMHO

Travel well,
Jim

My parents traveled from Canada to Arizona in 1 week. Hence the need for AC once they arrived. He replaced the tires and the TV because he wanted to get to his destination and not be stopped along the way.

IMO a RV should be able to be parked for the off-season and not fall apart once it gets back in use.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
New Camper

Sorry for all the confusion here. I honestly had not realized that my Dad had already posted on the "disgruntled" post withthe start of his list. More things happened as he continued on his trip which is why the list I posted is longer. This is the list that he's contacted service@crossroads with.
I looked at a few different RV forums before posting in this one, and unfortunately saw many of the same problems my Dad has now encountered.

He is well aware of how to care for an RV, they lived in one for 2 years while he built their house and that unit had absolutely no problems at all. A couple years later they bought a coach and took that to Arizona for 2 years, and then last spring decided to upgrade to get more space/larger interior and they purchased the Rushmore. All my life we've always owned RVs, and parked them off-season (with a couple winter trips) and used them all summer long, typically May - September.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #18
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhauler
Plus in lismauree's member profile they have a DOB of November 1986. Seems a little young to own a camper like this already and have owned "Many" Rv's already at a young age.

It will be nice when the new forum gets up and running and we have moderators.

Hi, you're right, I am too young for a unit like the Rushmore! I'm looking to buy a small KZ Spree sometime in the next year or so as my first trailer. My father though is not, and he's owned RVs my entire life.

If there was a moderator I would be happy to speak with them to prove I'm not a troll and show copies of the e-mails we've sent so far to crossroads. Or if anyone else wants to see them, I'll share them in a PM.

Again, sorry for all the confusion. I didn't know until last night my Dad had also posted.

(You'll also notice that I changed / corrected some of the grammer from my Dads post so it is not completely identical. My Dad was upset and frustrated when he wrote the list and sent it to Crossroads, so I just cleaned it up a bit here for improved readability)
Edited by: lismauree
Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
New Camper

I sympathize with your dad and emailed him. I have had many issues with my Elevation 3812-14. I have been going through the other model areas on forumto see that others are having similar issues as mine, leaks from slides. Some are worse. Those of you posting on here that have had no issues count your lucky stars. I have had 8 repair calls to get the same leak fixed and its still not fixed sonow I am seeking legal advice. The leak is my biggest issue for health and structure issues. I have had other issues as well.

To the poster thatstated take it Crossroads themselves to fix it. Who has the time to drive thereand wait? If it came from the factory with all the issues we are all having, and it appears there is no quality control, what makes you think they can fix it right? There should be no mystery as to why no dealer can't fix these issues. Don't you find it interesting that we are all having similar issues and not one dealer can fix the leaks? There is a poster on here that had his whole kitchen lights come crashing down. From what I read it looks like 2013-2014 models are having alot of issues. I understand there is an occasional issue but I have had friends that have owned rv's and none of them have had as many issues as mine in the short time of ownership.

I wish there were moderators from Crossroads on here to contact those of us that have issues, and have posted here.BTW I also have had discussions with their customer service reps and they probably do read a lot of these posts because they know they are referred to by name on here.The onetold me he has seen his name on here.

I have only owned mine for 7 months and have been having issues since I took delivery. When you pay as much money for these units, and they claim their 12 step warranty pledge to get you back on the road quick, you expect a quality coach. I expected touse mine for an escape while myhouse issue was repaired,but I can't due to everytime it rains I have water in the trailer. It goes under all the wood cabinets and you can only do your best to contain it when your not there. I am out checking on it constantly and swapping out towels. What a horrible ownership experience this has been. These units are supposed to be pleasurable and fun to own and travel. Unfortunately, quite a few of us have lemons.

I am glad there are some of you that are brand loyal. I loved the look and feel when I bought this, but after the experience I have had I just want to be bought out at this point. When you have only a yerar warranty and 7 months into it your still having issues thats a bad sign.

I have camped fordecades with friends in their units and always wanted to buy one of my own. Work has one that I did all the normal day in day out stuff. So I am familiar with shake out trips-- I have been on quite a few with friends and none of them have had the quality control issues I have had.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #20
New Camper

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...s.asp?TID=7668

Another person having issues
Closed Thread