Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
New Camper

Dad's Rushmore

Hi,

They still want my Dad to stay there and get everything repaired. Its been over 3 weeks now that he's been there. Parts have been sent wrong, or delayed, and Mark pretty much does not answer e-mails. He has talked to Mark, but still not much resolution.

Apparently CR is happy to fix all of the problems and send my Dad on his way. Original comments about doing everything to help have now just turned into being ignored. The warranty expires in April, and I fear my Dad will still be at the repair shop trying to get this unit road worthy. There are problems with the Lippert frame and the pin box which are probably contributing greatly to many of the problems.

They scary thing is, the repair shop he is at is used to these types of problems with Rushmores.
lismauree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the update. I think the consensus from most of us is that CrossRoads does not respond as well to emails as to telephone calls. Good luck to your dad.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447
Lisa,
I would not worry in the least about your warranty expiring in April. The items needing repair prior to April, 2014 have been well documented, many, many times in fact. And the fact that he has emails to and from CR about all of his problems, and the documentation he has received at the repair facility means they cannot deny any of this. So, having said that, it appears as though with the magnitude of repairs (taking slides out, moving this to there, etc, etc) I would think your dad would be best served to leave the unit there and drive home, if time is a problem for him. I realize this means his vacation is ruined, but at least he's not sitting there every day pining over it. If it takes a few months to repair and make it like new, and that is what your dad wants, then that is what I would do.

I hate to say this now, but I believe I may already have done so, I would have bitten the bullet and driven it back to Topeka, IN to the CR's facility and had it done right, by them. Now, that is not what was needed, but in my estimation, and from all you may have read or seen from others on this forum, whenever a unit is taken back, they are fixed and fixed right. I have owned 2 CR Cruisers, and have had each one back to the factory once, and both times all my problems were handled, efficiently and with a sense of honesty and integrity. Randy and the people at the plant do it right, and make you feel more than grateful for all they do. JMHO

I hope your father's problems are fixed and fixed right, but you're dealing with over 1,800 miles between he and the factory. I believe it will be fixed and fixed right, now it's just how long will that take. Best of luck to you and your dad, my thoughts are with you.

Travel well,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Site Team

tator447- Very well said. I guess it would have been chancy to drive the unit back to CR. Don't know if I would have done it either. I know of a few that had their unit returned to CR and when the repairs were finished they were very satisfied. But it took time. CR should flat bedded it back to factory. Know of 1 owner that had that done by CR. They should demand it because IMHO that is the RIGHT thing for CR to do.
Wish them all the best.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

If it wasn't built right what expectation do you have the same people will fix it?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Randy and his crew are at a separate repair facility. They do one heck of a job and I wouldn't hesitate to believe they would fix your dad's trailer correctly.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote