Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We purchased a 2012 39SB Rushmore and really aren't happy with the service we are receiving. Not sure is the issues are with the dealership or the company. First problem we had was the shower hose was broke and no one noticed it when the prep was done. The side panel was dented but that was caused by the dealership and they fixed it. The living room tv quit working and now we're trying to get them to replace the tv with one that fits the same as the old one. The one they sent to replace it is much smaller and the tv doesn't cover the outlets. They want us to keep the tv and they will give us $100 because they don't stock a tv to replace it. That I don't understand. We moved the couch to see if we could switch it with the recliners and whenever it was being built stain from the overhead cabinets dripped on the carpet and it was just left.

What is wrong with quality control? I myself would never allow these things to happen. Where is the pride in the work and product you have going out the door? Don't get me wrong I love my 5th wheel but I'm not happy with how things are handled.

Any suggestions as to who we should contact or how to get this resolved?
lnasc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Disappointed to hear this and I hope you get your problems resolved. The one issue I had with my Cruiser they took care of right of way and that was out of warranty, but I don't recall who I dealt with. I would keep calling the service department and keep going up the chain til you get your problems resolved.

Good luck

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

The tv is likely related to a change of stock. All RV companies tend to change up suppliers and items they place in the trailers sometime during the year. My 2011 interior is completely different from a different 2011 o saw later. Mine is very plain, the younger 2011 had beautiful sconces and darker prettier cabinetry, etc. Ours didn't come with a tv but I know its not unheard of for radios etc to change as well. The good news is they gave you money and a new TV towards replacing it yourself.

The shower hose should have been caught by the dealership. You didn't say broken how. Was it split like water got in it and froze during winter months, it fell during transport and hit something causing it to break, it was over tightenedand the connector stripped, just plain had a hole in it etc. Not sure if it was broken before or after arriving at the dealership.

The stain should not be on the carpet, make them replace this. That one is on crossroads and not the dealership. My carpet developed a hole from the slide rubbing it early on. Camping world replaced it under my crossroads warranty without any issues (other than the standard loss of tt for several weeks).

The dent is on the dealership and I would have raised heck about it.... That said ky dealership dented my tt but it was almost 2 yrs old at the time. I was extremely angry but accepted a monetary settlement since the damage was minor enough for us to fix with a rubber mallet and caulk.

I would contact crossroads customer service directly via phone if you are concerned. They tend to not answer emails. What is the dealership saying/doing. At this point they should have your trailer in fixing it. Understand most dealers take forever to do any kind of work. These problems do not sound bad. Sadly, in the RV world all new RVs (from pop up to class A and everything in between) have issues. This is industry wide and not manufacturer specific. It does not make it right or excuse it but it is rampant through the industry. Be glad your issues like mine were minor. I have seen some pretty serious issues on these and other forums. By serious I mean slide issues, leaks, structural issues, cabinets falling off walls. Some of these things I list were seen on crossroads forums, some on forest river, some were seen on open boards and were other brands. My point is get it fixed under warranty, try to establish a good rapport with your dealership and hope this is all the issues you will see. I wish you the best of luck.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I would second Anaro's comment about calling Crossroads. You're close enough in Midland to make the run to Topeka and get it directly looked at. Some things are just best taken there.

We had a couple of interesting issues with slides and with slam hatches that the guys in Topeka took immediate care of. We had a fridge issue when we first got our Seville that the Topeka team connected us directly with the fridge techs and we were able to bypass the problem on the road until we could get home. Once home, they took care of it right here in the driveway.

Your results may vary but direct communications with Crossroads is a good idea.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the advice. We will definitely contact Crossroads about the carpet. The shower hose was snapped off where the controls were so not really how that happened. They replaced it. I just don't like calling and telling them things that are wrong. Oh well. We will keep the tv and the cash and find something on our own that fits better.

We plan on replacing the couch and recliners because they just aren't the look we want. But we love the design of the interior so that is something we decided we could replace when we wanted to.
lnasc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Our TV broke in transportation bringing it home from dealer, we went to Walmart and bought a new TV because we were having Direct TV installed and needed a TV, Crossroads was ok with refunding us the money for the new TV we bought a Vizio which the dimensions were the same as the one broken but ended up with a bigger screen.
We have had nothing but problems with our Rushmore Lincoln, just got it out of the shop after over 2 months and a long list and now more problems....very disappointing and understand your frustration with quality control.
We are trying to Lemon Law ours.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I replied to a post on rv.net this morning from a person that has a brand new Rushmore that is already falling apart. Looks like their Q/C issues continue......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Just found out that Crossroads is now going to have Redwood build the Rushmores at the Redwood facility come November....Looked at the Redwoods at RV show this week and it is a nice quality looking 5th wheel. The Redwoods are a step up from Rushmores but we were told that Redwood specialty is 5th Wheels so hopefully future Rushmores will have better QC and less issues.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by snommis
Just found out that Crossroads is now going to have Redwood build the Rushmores at the Redwood facility come November....Looked at the Redwoods at RV show this week and it is a nice quality looking 5th wheel. The Redwoods are a step up from Rushmores but we were told that Redwood specialty is 5th Wheels so hopefully future Rushmores will have better QC and less issues.
My understanding is they build Redwood, Rushmore, and Elevation units in that plant.
I also wouldn't hold my breath to long hoping for QC to improve. They're ALL having their fair share of that problem, and anybody that doesn't want to hear about it or sticks their head in a hole in denial, I feel sorry for. You have to face the facts. Life is not always a bed of roses, and neither are RVs.

On a lighter note---I have been hearing about a little better response from CR. Hopefully this will continue and get better.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

We have been in constant contact with Leonard Nielson at CR and there are no complaints with us on customer service....he has been great to deal with, he always replies to e-mails and phone calls. Customer service we have to givethumbs up.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
Gone Traveling

kglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
Gone Traveling

ve
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Gone Traveling

HERE'S MY REPORT

DO NOT PURCHASE A RUSHMORE FIFTH WHEEL TRAILER...JUST GARBAGE WE HAVE AND STILL ARE HAVING 30 TO 50 THINGS GO WRONG AND OUR DEALER RVTRAVEL WORLD OF SACRAMENTO IS USELESS.

AVOID THIS DEALER AND CERTAINLY ANY CROSSROADS PRODUCTS
THAT WAS RVTRAVEL WORLD AT 1-916-392-1872

WE ARE GOING TO TRADE THIS PIECE OF CRAP IN ASAP FOR A NEW MONTANA

SHAME ON YOU CROSSROADS AND RUSHMORE

Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Site Team

Go on, you can post your disappointment. Give us the details.

BTW welcome to the forum.

I have a '13 Crossroads Patriot with very few minor complaints. There are lemons in every brand. You were the unlucky one to get it. Best of luck.

Edited by: mark5w

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Do yourselves a favor and don't buy anything from Crossroads.

I purchased in CASH mind you a brand new 2013 271 bh and didn't realize that the bathroom was missing an AC vent as there were SOOOO many problems with it. I talked to CR's and they said no problem they will put one in under warranty. Well, I took it in for warranty work and asked to have that done as well and got a strange call from the dealer saying CR's will not cover it. What a bunch of crap! (They had agreed to do it over the phone!) I have not seen any TT's of this model without an AC vent in the bathroom and if there is one it makes no sense! are you suppose to sweat your a&& off in the hot summer in a tin can when using the bathroom? I'm done with this company! I am selling my TT and looking at a different manufacturer. I'm also looking into legal action if possible.

Since I never bought one before I feel I was taken for a ride the whole way and I spent a LOT of money! Buyer beware is one thing but when people take advantage of you because you don't know that should be illegal. A lousy vent that wouldn't cost them much would have made me a happy customer but they choose to throw it away over stinginess....

What a shame. Shame on you Cross Roads!
Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken07734

Do yourselves a favor and don't buy anything from Crossroads.

I purchased in CASH mind you a brand new 2013 271 bh and didn't realize that the bathroom was missing an AC vent as there were SOOOO many problems with it. I talked to CR's and they said no problem they will put one in under warranty. Well, I took it in for warranty work and asked to have that done as well and got a strange call from the dealer saying CR's will not cover it. What a bunch of crap! (They had agreed to do it over the phone!) I have not seen any TT's of this model without an AC vent in the bathroom and if there is one it makes no sense! are you suppose to sweat your a&& off in the hot summer in a tin can when using the bathroom? I'm done with this company! I am selling my TT and looking at a different manufacturer. I'm also looking into legal action if possible.

Since I never bought one before I feel I was taken for a ride the whole way and I spent a LOT of money! Buyer beware is one thing but when people take advantage of you because you don't know that should be illegal. A lousy vent that wouldn't cost them much would have made me a happy customer but they choose to throw it away over stinginess....

What a shame. Shame on you Cross Roads!
I thought in a post from 10/22/13 you said you had positive dealings with Crossroads but not your dealer??? Did you call them back up about the ac vent the dealer would not install?? Are you sure the dealer was told by Crossroads not to install it??? I know of other owners having stuff like that installed without a hassle. Sounds like your dealer is putting the screws to you.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Nope, I exchanged emails with Crossroads. I was going to call them but the email was very specific. This time it's the Manufacturer and not the dealer....

The whole thing stinks on ice, I am the CUSTOMER. I am one of the people out here that purchase vehicles from the dealers who sell them for the manufacturers. Is this the right way to do business? To screw a CUSTOMER over on something that should be installed to begin with?

C'mon, no A/C vent in the bathroom? It has the heater vent so I guess since I don't use it in the winter where there is heat available I will sweat in the Summer as there is NO AC vent or I could leave the door open for ALL to enjoy my adventures in the bathroom.
Z1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
Site Team

That shows you the power of emails. I don't believe that they're the right way to communicate issues with the manufacturer. (although they are a good backup to show you did contact the manufacturer)
Many here had direct phone contact with Crossroads and have had success in resolving their problems. Hope others note that emails are useless and phone calls will most likely get something done. And if you are still stonewalled repeated phone calls are necessary. Lesson learned.

BTW check out other forums and you'll see similar complaints. Crossroads is not unique.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
Seasonal Camper

I'm in Texas and neither of my travel trailers have had a ac vent in the bathroom, I've yet to sweat doing my business. Crossroads owes you nothing and you had the option of looking the trailer over before purchasing to make sure it had everything you liked. You yourself sound unhappy about something you missed prior to purchase, live and learn, but your complaint sounds like sour grapes. Guess its best you sell and buy something that fits your needs, but make sure it's to your liking before paying for it.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

We have a larger unit and don't have an AC vent in the bathroom because it has a roof vent with an electric fan. Leave your door open to the bathroom when you are not in it and it cools with the rest of the trailer. There usually isn't enough room in most bathroom ceilings with the skylight dome above the shower and the vent with electric fan. Not to mention, it's the same reason we close off the heat vent to the bathroom because the room is too small with the door closed and it will heat up too much - same idea with AC - with door closed will cool the room too much.

Honestly, I don't think missing an AC vent in the bathroom is an issue. We have never had one in any of our trailers - if it gets too hot in there, just open the door and the rest of the trailer cools it off quickly. Also turn on the fan and it sucks the cooler air into the room.

Not to offend you, but this seems like a pretty small issue for this much disappointment in the manufacturer.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote