Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

So, I'm rebuilding the frame for the drawer that fell under the cabinet, and I see this.......

Now, something just doesn't look right about that to me. Suppose I'll be pulling the furnace next!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I am beginning to think they hired all the people back that built our Paradise Pointe to build all the Rushmore's. If they are building the Rushmore's like this you know what the other units are being built like....Good luck with the project Will.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Here at the rally early, and did some factory tours, Jayco, Coachman, Crossroads on Sat.
If you saw how fast they ram these things together, you would understand why things look like that!
They tell me that the wages go up according to how many units are produced. Guess there is no time for fixing errors. Coachman was much better in my opinion than Jayco. They pressure test every unit before it leaves the assembly area. I toured the Catalina assembly.
I'm sure Crossroads will be impressive :-).Edited by: hippy45
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick
So, I'm rebuilding the frame for the drawer that fell under the cabinet, and I see this.......

Now, something just doesn't look right about that to me. Suppose I'll be pulling the furnace next!

2slick, For the life of me I can't see what you are trying to tell us about in that picture. Can you elaborate a little more, or, another picture maybe?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

To me it looks like the metal on the corner of the heater unit is torn away.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick

2slick, For the life of me I can't see what you are trying to tell us about in that picture. Can you elaborate a little more, or, another picture maybe?
At the base of the furnace, the metal that appears to be torn back. Looks like aluminum to me. I'm thinking it is where the furnace ties to the duct. I'll check it when it cools down. Sure don't want to fire that baby up now.

It is not uncommon for RV companies to pay on piece work or production basis. Don't know if they do so or not, but I've seen where you could call it a day when you made your "quota". I just don't think piecework pay and quality go in the same sentence.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
Site Team

Now that you explain it, I can see it. At first it just looked like the metal was just "bent out" and attached to the floor.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I had to pull my furnace right out and reattach the pipes at the back and the plenuim had fallen down
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote