Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Picked up my new Rushmore Lincoln today. Walk thru went great and everything worked. Got home and plug unit up to 50 amp and hardly anything works. No slide outs, no leveler, no frig, no air. Microwave does work. There is a green light blinking in fuse box. I do not here a convertor. Any ideas.

Jamestn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Is the service newly installed? Has it been verified that it works correctly?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Since everything worked during the PDI, I would suspect your home power. If your comfortable with electricity, check your 50A service and see if your really do have two 120v lines and then check your rig to see if two 120v power lines are getting to the converter/power panel. I would think one of your main lines is not working (breaker tripped? or bad???).
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

update. Found that the four 25amp fuses for reverse battery was blown. Replace fuses and everything worked except 3 more blown 15amp fuses. Replaced the3 fuses and now 1 of the 3 blows everytime I put new fuse in. The fuse that blows is the aux fuse. I am 99 percent sure this goes to radio outside. The radio doesn't work ( no fuse in aux) and it smells hot.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Just thinking. The only thing I have found that don't work while being plugged up is the stereo outside. It keeps blowing fuses. Wonder if that is because it is a car radio and there may be an issue convertor to 12 volts. Only one fan (top one) in the electric box works (convertor?)
Old 07-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

2nd update. Blew more reverse battery fuses and more light and refrig fuse when I turned battery switch on. Went to battery and found white on pos and black on neg. Researched on internet shows that white should be neg and black pos. I switched cables and and replaced fuses. Again, everything works except aux. It blew a fuse again. I think damaged has been done to convertor. Salesman told me that technician was suppose to put new battery in unit. I think he hooked it up wrong and it was not turned on until I got it home. During walk-thru they used shore line.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Well, took the unit to another rv center just 25 minutes away The outside radio still blows fuses. Technician says there is a short in the wiring somewhere. Everything else is working now. Wwwhheewww. Plan on leaving for Myrtle beach tomorrow morning. I will take unit back for warranty on the radio when I get back from the beach. I also found a 2 small cracks on the bathroom door that needs to be addressed. The rv center I went to today would not recognize crossroad warranty (They sell mainly cedar creeks and a few other brands) because the technician said that they can't get crossroads to pay for previous warranty problems. She said that crossroads owes them money from last year. I guess I will make sure that I have a good list of everything needed when I go back to my dealership for service since they are over 2 hrs away.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Good luck on your trip, James. I hate to hear that you are having problems so soon.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Wow!Hope get resolved soon
Good Luck
Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I hope your trip goes better, we just bought a 2014 Lincoln Rushmore also, let me know how the height is on your front jacks while towing, Iam installing a hitch this week on a F-350 and had seen another comment on this. Thanks
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Well back from trip and it was a very enjoyable one. I did have to lower the hitch on the camper one link to raise the front legs up. I will let you know how high it is when I am hooked up again but it is still a little low but not an issue currently. I do have some warranty things that need to be addressed including the outside radio due to the technician hooking up battery backwards causing it to burn radio up. I have also found that the led lights on one of the awnings has some areas that the lights do not work. One of the bedroom lights only works part of the time. I will be making an appointment to get things addressed. Things I fixed or will fix myself. 1. drawers under refrigerator comes out during transport. Had to adjust fitting for tighter fit. 2. Put clear silicone between stainless sink and countertop in kitchen. It leaks. 3. Couldn't hear tv in front room when air conditioner came on so we continually adjusted volume. I bought av cables and hooked tv output to blueray and use surround sound all the time when watching tv. This worked great and didn't have to adjust volume anymore when air came on. 4. The level jacks did not level unit properly. After a couple of days I decided to research leveling jacks. Found how to calibrate level. This was completed and rv is perfectly level automatically now. Finally, a little lesson learned. We left the campground with the awnings out for an hour. I came back and seen that the awning were pushed backed in with multiple ties keeping them closed. Apparently, while we were gone, there was significant increase in wind an neighbors seen that it was blowing my awning more than they thought the supports could stand. The manually pushed the awnings back and tied them. I would figured this unit would have wind sensor to automatically close but it doesn't. I was prepared to purchase them but now have found out that they are not reliable. I will have to make sure that anytime we leave that we close the awnings. Bottom line, except for a very few concerns, we are very happy with our unit and everything worked great. The air conditioner kept the unit very cool. By the way, there were hundreds of units in the campground we were inbut I am pretty sure that this rushmore got the most attention. We had approximately 3 to 5 couples or families a day asking about the unit and asking for a tour. Everyone loved it. Actually, one couple went out the next day to try to find a unit but could not find anyone in myrtle beach that had one available for sale.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Let me know on the height, Thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Took the camper back to dealership to have everything addressed. Except for the radio, everything else are minor things. Overall I am very happy with the camper so far. By the way, the measurements from bottom of front jacks to ground is 6 1/2 to 7 inches and the distance from top of truck rail to bottom of front of camper is around 7 inches also. This is after I lower the front hitch of the rv one bolt hole

Old 08-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Well I got the lincoln back and everything is fixed except for the awning has some threads coming loose. They took pictures and will address when I do take it back again. I expect this trip for service to be at end of camping season.I plan on going to the fall rod run in pigeon forge tn on the 2nd week of September. Reservations have been made at River plantation rv resort. I may even take another trip during labor day weekend if I can find an opening somewhere near. I am looking forward to our 2nd trip in the camper. So far everything is still working. I am very happy with out unit
Old 08-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Hi James,
Welcome to the Lincoln family! We picked up our 2014 Lincoln in May. We haven't had the problems with ours that many have had on this site, but we did have a few. We went out in it the first weekend and had to take it into the shop where we bought itfor warranty work only to pick it up a month later with only one of the issues addressed. Very unhappy cause it was an 8 hr drive one way(plus food and lodging etc...)! A long story short, we went to a local RV service center less than 5 miles from our house who do not even sell CR and they have jumped thru hoops to take care of every concern! So thankful! Anyway, I wanted to ask you what kind of tv you have in the living room cause I love the idea of using the surround sound(air conditioner is too loud) but ours doesn't have an output for audio.
Also the park we are at here has cable and I tried to connect to it, unsuccessfully. I have reprogramed the tv to "cable" instead of "air"to get the channels and have physically moved the connection from TV1 to the other connection next toit, and still nothing. Any ideas?
Again, welcome to the family! Thanks,
Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

The tv is a Sansaui. To hook up the surround sound I used the RCA cables Only used red and white. Yellow is not needed. On the side of the tv are inputs, so do not use these. On the back of the tv (had to use a hand mirror to see) there is output connections. There is a red and white output for audio. My blue ray player is rca. You will connect the red and white cables to the back of the player. On the tv menu you need to turn off the internal speaker of the tv or you will have an echo from tv speaker to the surround sound speakers.
On the tv issue, you may still have the air on only. If you open the cabinet to the left of the fireplace you will see where a cable comes in and plugs up. There is a red light near this cable. If the red light is on then the air is on and you will not be able to see cable. There is a tiny black button beside this red light to turn off the air. The red light should be off if you are using cable or satelite. If you have any questions I can take pictures or talk with you on the phone. By the way, I was impressed with the quality of the picture on this tv. I have never heard of this company before but all 3 of my tv's in the rushmore are this brand.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

You rock James! Followed your directions and we are now able to hear regular tv programing above our air conditioner. Cables working great also! Thanks so much.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Robyn, I am glad you got everything working. It does make a huge difference listening to the tv through the surround sound speakers.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
New Camper

If you still facing any type of electric problem in your house then don't worry am going to suggest you a best site where you can get every type of electric solutions...You should visit this sit (angieslist.com/articles/5-signs-electrical-problems-your-home.htm)
Old 09-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Thanks for getting the measurements for the front jacks, our first trip is going to myrtle beach end of this month. Thanks again,
Edited by: RICK7458