Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just gotta say that I walked through a 2013 Lincoln today at our local RV show. Just amazing! If I had the coin, I would definitely buy one. I have to give credit to the CrossRoads team. Great job designing this rig!

Jeremy
JeremyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We saw the "New" Rushmore's at the Tampa Fla RV Show last week, I was impressed, nice floorplans, features and layouts.

When we get ready to upgrade again, the "New" Rushmore will be on the top of our list.

The only negative was DW thought the wood was too dark for her liking, maybe by the time we get ready to upgrade again, the wood color cycle will swing back toward the lighter side.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Rob, My wife and I always had lighter colored wood decor like in our Montanna's and the darker cherry in our 2012 Rushmore wasn't liked by me first time I saw it but it grows on you after a while. Today it is what I would want if buying again.I enjoy good hardwoods and cherry is one of my favorites but it seemed odd to me at first in the camper.
Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We just bought our Lincoln 1 week ago. We are very excited but live up in the tundra of ND and won't be able to use it till spring. We just fell in love with it. I felt like we were getting a $150,000 5th wheel for a lot less money. We had a 37' holiday rambler alumascape. We did really like it but it was a 2004 and we decided to upgrade. I really like the options that were on the one we bought. It basically has everything except the generator.

sdbison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I have been trying to find out more info on the 'new' Monticello' and 'Springfield' models of the Rushmore. I sent an email this morning asking Vern Borntrager, the WI manager for Rushmore if he could send me more information on these 2 units and the email came back undeliverable. I guess Vern is no longer there...you would think they would update their info so we could have up to date names and addresses. JMHO

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I just talked to him last week via this email. vbontrager@crossroadsrv.com. Not sure if that is the email you used or not.

sdbison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Yep. Saw that Lincolon at our RV show. Wish I has seen that before we bought the cruiser. But still would have been many more $. Maybe next time!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Check the Rushmore Blog site out! http://www.rushmore5thwheels.blogspot.com/Good information and update on the factory reps, their contact infoand their regions.
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Hi, We are picking our new Lincoln up in 5-6 weeks. I have so many questions for you if you don't mind sharing your thoughts.
1)First of all, do you find the placement of the docking area in the basement wall awkward to get to? Have you had any water issues in the basement from a leaking hose? I understand they're making a change to it's placement but I haven't seen a picture as of yet.(It was almost a deal breaker for us.)
2)The white wire baskets in the slide out pantry seem weak and unstable, are they? Do they hold any weight at all?
3)Does the plastic bathroom sink bother you?We have a real sink and faucet in our current 5th wheel and it just seems a little tacky that they useplastic in the Rushmore models.
4)Have you had any warrantyproblems wecan watch outfor?
5)Have you had any issues with your front landing gear (or 6pt leveling system if you have it)?
6) Are you enjoying the kitchen table and credenza or do you find it's in the way by interrupting the traffic flow?
7)How are your dual refrigerators working?
8)If you have the factory installed convection oven, are you happy with it? 8)And finally, what if any modifications have you made to your Lincoln?
Thank you for any information you have time to share! This will be our home for extended periods of timeevery year for the next several years. We are excited to become fellow Rushmore owners and family members!
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Vern is still there I spoke with him this morning. (574-210-3333)
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote