Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We really do hate complaining about our Rushmore Lincoln, we do love the floorplan so much but once we get our coach out of service once again and anything else major comes up, we will probably start fighting Lemon Law or seeking legal help.
The newest major things are our rear A/C must not be ducted correctly or at all as we are getting condensation on the ceiling....if you run your fingers over the spots water droplets form and it's not a small area. I better not get mold!
The next major thing is when putting our living room slide in, we noticed on the outside that the body (sheared screw) pulled away from the framing where the slide goes in....saw more stress points all around the slide frame that looked like would give at any time.
Screws are shimming out all over the skirt area all around the coach. We spoke with Leonard at Crossroads and asked him if any other coaches were having this many major problems and he said No not these issues like our grey water tank collapsing.
Starting to joke that our coach was started on a Friday and finished on a Monday and they forgot where they left off on Friday
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Jim, there was somebody posted on here awhile back about starting--I believe, a class action law suit. They were asking if anyone was interested in joining them. Why don't you do a search and see if you can come up with that thread, or maybe somebody will remember it a little better then I do and jump in here and help you out.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Here is the post.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6714&KW=Rushmore+Blog+Site &PID=57741&title=rushmore-blog-site-information#57741
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thank you for the information, I did run across this once before....we are going to see how these repairs go and hope this will be the last.....we know it won't but if anything major does we will probably go forward with some legal action. It just not right that consumers pay so much money for a product that is built poorly...I often think if any of the people building these coaches see themselves owning one, I bet if they were building it for themselves it would be done spot on. So frustrated!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We also had a corner by the living room slide pull away from the frame. Our dealer had to brace it with a piece of steel but now we have bolts showing on the outside of the fifth wheel. I am definitely concerned with ours as well. Our list is long of things that have gone wrong but so far the dealer has taken care of some of it and we will be bringing it back for the rest in September. Time will tell I guess.

I have always been confused as to why a fifth wheel with the insulation it is supposed to have, having such a hard time keeping things cool inside. I had a 2004 allumascape about the same size with one AC that kept up just as good. Very puzzling.

sdbison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We were just told today that all 5 slides have major issues....let me see if I can explain this correctly.....the slide mechanism is new technology and the gears and the plate the gears run are too small for how big the slides are and causing out of alignment, worse is that because the gears are so small and have no locking system every time we tow it will be inevitable for slides to fall out of alignment. A/C had an issue with ducting collapsing so the fix is some foam insulation to keep from collapsing, it looks like that step got missed on ours which is causing condensation in the ceiling attic space. Shop is telling us this could be 3+ weeks IF Crossroads can come up with a solution, he already said he would not do any alterations that involve cutting into the frame. Oh and the TV mechanism for the living room tv that is hidden is using the same motor that the slides are using which are not very big at all. Frustrated, Disgusted....</span>
Old 08-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

My guess would be all your slides have the Schwintek system. One of the upper end units we are looking at had them on the bedroom slide which for me was a deal breaker and thisone was atthe top of my list. Good thing I called their factory and asked about it because they have since stopped using that system due to many warranty repairs. I hate to see people like you having issues like this because it brings back the memories of our trailer over the last6 years. I know how you feel, hang in there and come here for support.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Yes Hunter 11 all our slides have the Schwintek System....So I'm thinking maybe we should ask Crossroads to replace our slide systems.....at this point the repair shop is saying they are going to have to take each and every slide off anyway to realign. We were really smart 10 years ago doing what your doing, researching different issues with different brands when we bought our Holiday Rambler A class.....we don't know why this time we didn't do that! We rationalised that every MFG is going to have some issues which we are willing to accept but not to the size and magnitude we are having.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snommis
Yes Hunter 11 all our slides have the Schwintek System....So I'm thinking maybe we should ask Crossroads to replace our slide systems.....at this point the repair shop is saying they are going to have to take each and every slide off anyway to realign.

It will be impossible to switch to a different type of slide mechanism on an existing trailer. And unless there is another version of the Schwintek system with different gears and tracks, I'm not sure that just swapping parts will make any difference. But hopefully they will figure something out.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

I was told some of the upper end Class A coaches are going to the Schwintek system. Sure looks awful flimsy for heavy slides to me. Our 38CK has it on the BR slide. Got my fingers crossed!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #11
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick
I was told some of the upper end Class A coaches are going to the Schwintek system.Â* Sure looks awful flimsy for heavy slides to me.Â* Our 38CK has it on the BR slide.Â* Got my fingers crossed!
I would keep em crossed if I was you.Schwintech are junk.

Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
New Camper

We also had condensation problems last trip out. It was raining and humid. I found one vent that was not taped good, fixed it but still had a drip due to water in the celing. You are right about mold!!!

We are planning a week long trip at the end of august and was hoping the blame was hunidity!

How did they fix your condensation problems?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Our Lincoln is in for Warranty work at a local Service provider.They arewithin the Route 66 system, however they are not a Crossroads dealer. They are very reputable but as we know this is a very tough time to get any service work done.They are willing to "jump thru the hoops" needed to do the work. We are stillhaving trouble with the kitchen slide(it will not stay aligned)and the trim-out around the front window was not done correctly. I also have a folding chair that needs to be replaced. There's a big chip out of one of the legs. Also, my microwave/convection oven's turntable is skipping. Nothing compared to many of you- so far anyway. We shall see. Unfortunately, the last place we took our unit to was less then honorable. I'll leave it as that. Enough said.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Our current rv (not a crossroad product) has the swintek on a BIG double slide - (bathroom - bedroom combo)
while we had issues at first with binding.
it has been perfect ever since they figured out the mfg cut the hole 3/8" too small on the bedroom side and it was dragging...

since then not a problem !! and this was discovered by my local dealer !!!
Edited by: johnboytoo
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Since we purchased our Lincoln Rushmore, the tv slide in the living room didn't work, I contacted Crossroads, they contacted my dealer and sent a tech out to repair it. The tech found that the wires coming out of the motor rubbed thru and shorted. So far new motor is working. I also wanted to thank Ron H@ Crossroads
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #16
New Camper

I was wondering if anyone was having this problem with the bedroom ac unit. We have had our Lincoln now almost 2 months and just started seeing the condensation on the ceiling. Called the owner of the dealer and he was going to call Crossroads on Monday and see what they say. I agree this is supposed to be a top of the line trailer then why would you have these kinds of issues?
Weavgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

It sure sounds like from the issues being reported here on the forum that Crossroads has some serious quality issues with the Rushmore line. Just imagine the ones that are out there but people do not know about this forum to report more issues. Hopefully with the President of Crossroads gone and others on the hot seat with Thor watching them things will change in the future. Only time will tell....
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavgolf
I was wondering if anyone was having this problem with the bedroom ac unit. We have had our Lincoln now almost 2 months and just started seeing the condensation on the ceiling. Called the owner of the dealer and he was going to call Crossroads on Monday and see what they say. I agree this is supposed to be a top of the line trailer then why would you have these kinds of issues?

Yes, this is one of the problems we have our coach in the shop! It was mentioned that a step may have been skipped in the ducting which requires some kind of foam insulation to keep duct from collapsing....
Nothing has been done yet as the Mechanic is dealing with getting approval on the 5 slides and the many other issues. They cannot figure out how to deal with the slides.
Our Mechanic told us and Crossroads that in all the years he's been working on warranty issues he has NEVER seen a new RV come in with so many major issues......he and now we are petitioning Lemon Law. Basically we don't feel this coach is road worthy. Now we will say Crossroads has been spot on in communication and the repairs that have been done were authorized with no hesitation.
We are on our 3rd month owning Lincoln Rushmore and the past month it has been in the shop not to mention the other week it was in the shop 2 weeks after we got it when the tanks fell out.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

I think we have found a winner! This current RV service dealer/provider is less than 5 miles from the house. They have had ourLincoln for six days and in that time they have contacted us three times with updates!! Not only have they "jumped through the hoops" for us as they are not a Crossroads dealer, but they have also found things we didn't even realize needed attention! Greenway Camper Sales in Wis. Rapids, WI. I'll let you all know how things are going, but for now- they are up to a 7 out of 10 in customer service in our book! Hoping to give them a 10 out 10 when all is said and done! They sure sound like they know what they are doing.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

So, my Hubby opened the louvered door to our clothes/washer and dryerclosetlast night and it cracked in the upper left corner! Too much flex in the door, or too tight of a latch. Needs more support either way. Anyone having the same issue? Called our new service provider and they are ordering us another door. So thankful to find them!