Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
New Camper

"NEW 2012 Rushmore"

"NEW 2012 Rushmore"
We just purchased a new 5th wheel, Rushmore 38ck, yes new never been registered. I see on this site that people are referring to their sub-model like Washington, Jefferson etc. how do I find out which model ours is? Ours has the large pass-through buffet/room divider, roller island and king bed.
1948b0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

As far as I know the 2012 model did not have names. They just used the model numbers such as you listed. Ours is a 2012 and the model is simply a "35CK", unless I'm missing something.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
New Camper

I was wondering if that was the case, since when you google the 38ck Rushmore nothing else comes up and nothing on NADA.
1948b0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948b0at View Post
"NEW 2012 Rushmore"
We just purchased a new 5th wheel, Rushmore 38ck, yes new never been registered. I see on this site that people are referring to their sub-model like Washington, Jefferson etc. how do I find out which model ours is? Ours has the large pass-through buffet/room divider, roller island and king bed.
We've had the same model as you purchased for a couple years now. There were a couple different configurations for the kitchen/dining area. We have the extra cabinet space.

One of the first things I would do is check for recalls on your refrigerator. I suppose you have the double door Norcold. We had our cooling unit replaced under warranty. One other issue we had was the cable pull on the black water tank. The way the cable was routed made it almost impossible to open and close. I solved that my self with a Valterra EZ-Valve.

You unit should have the 2 + 5 warranty also. I have an independent RV service man that preforms our annual inspection at our location.

One other thing......forget about that keyless entry system on the door. I replaced our outside keypad with the assistance of Southco. It lasted a few months then quit transmitting to the door lock. It does still work with the keyfob they sent me tho. It's a PITA to replace the key pad as you have to pull the door window to get to the door lock receiver.

We enjoy our unit tho. Have fun!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I certainly wish you have better luck with your unit than with our 34SB. I have stated a new tread on our problems.

Good luck with you purchase.

We wish we had made a different decision.

Regards,

Martin

2009 Silverado Duramax 2500HD
North_Bay 34SB is offline   Reply With Quote