Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Also, if it is so windy you need to use duct tape, don't forget to clean off any sticky residue when removing the insulation. You wouldn't want to bring the slide in like that! We use a sticky note to cover the slide buttons in our "command center" so we don't forget to remove everything.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Cross Roads just uploaded a picture of the new 2014 Rushmore Lincoln's front living room to their Facebook page. I am looking for pics of all of the changes they made. Can't seem to find any more as of yet.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #23
Site Team

I always wonder why they are so quick to post their info on face book, and never seem to be able to find the time to update stuff on their web page.
I don't do face book, so it doesn't help me.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Saw the new Redwood 38BR....nice but no w/d hookup that I could see.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

They posted new pics of the changes to the 2014 Lincoln on the CR website. Only interior, nothing exterior yet. I am pretty sure they have a dedicated docking station outside the rear basement!
Old 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #26
New Camper

gone camping

Go to RVGide.com they have them in there.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Thanks lgbembridge, rvguide.com has 2014 Franklin pics, but not the new floorplan 2014 Lincoln pics.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Have you gone to the CR website and viewed the new floorplan changes to the 2014 Rushmore Lincoln? I understand they're being built in a Redwood factory now and the changes are because they're using a Redwood frame. There are a few pictures of the new living room(no window behind the tv and a complete redesign of the entertainment slide as well as a redesign of the front window seat), the kitchen(the entrance has been moved farther back, the kitchen slide has been totally redesigned to include the corner sink and cabinets, and the kitchen table and buffet with a large window is like what comes in a Redwoods is where the outside entertainment area is now. There are floor to ceiling cabinets surrounding the table, buffet and window.) and you can see the bedroom design has changed also. The back bedroom window is smaller and raised up higher and the vanity slide has no wardrobe closet it in it. There is no stairs going up into the bedroom, so I am guessing the storage space is greatly reduced. The new floorplan specs shows the bathroom is also redesigned, although they haven't uploaded any pics yet. Interested to hear what my fellow Lincoln owners think of the redo! There are also a couple pics of the new 2014 Franklin out there now.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

I don't mind the changes to the living room with the window behind the TV, our switch randomly does not work and just tired of problems. Personally I do not like the kitchen, and the only reason is that the wall that goes around to the hall is so bare and it looks like they could have added one more cabinet, to me it looks unfinished....loosing that wardrobe space in the hall is drastic!!!!! I already lost a ton of clothing storage from my motorhome to this coach and now they took more away, not enough storage for lengthy trips. Another selling point for us was the underneath storage, yeah the steps do get a little cumbersome but I am willing to deal with it to have the storage. So for us seeing this new floorplan had we not seen the current floorplan, we would not give it a second look. My question is the Redwoods are rated 4 season coaches as where the Rushmore is not, now that the Rushmore is being built in the Redwood plant does that mean the Rushmore will now be built to the same specs as the Redwood being a 4 season coach?
We do notice a big difference from our Holiday Rambler RV insulation factor and staying warmer in winter vs the Rushmore, we seem to need to use the heat a lot more and it comes on more frequent. Just sayin....
Old 02-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #30
Site Team

I'm not sure that CR has any coaches that can be truly classified as four season.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

I agree with you Jim and Steph. Another concern I have regarding the kitchen is how the slide includes the sink and cabinets. I would have to see it in action to make a better judgment.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

I was able to find a link to a complete series of photos of the changes to the 2014 Lincoln. Here it is:

http://www.holmanrv.com/New-Inventor...ia-Ohio-328845

There are significant changes to this 2014 Rushmore model.