Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

[QUOTE=ROD Camper;101147]Well, heading into week two and so far no new Cooling unit or check has showed up as yet. Hopefully by weeks end or early next week. Next is to see when the dealer can take the trailer in and make the repairs. The clock is ticking away on our remaining camping season.[/QUOTE

HI There!
Let me do some digging and see what the hold up is :-)

Will get right back to you.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Hi Christian, no need to Rodney has advised that the cooling unit has arrived at Crossroads and is being shipped out. The check is somewhere in process. The bigger the company I find the slower the service. So far 5 different folks at Crossroads have looked into things. Too many cooks can spoil the broth as the saying goes. Lets see how long delivery actually takes for the cooling unit and check.
ROD Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

The dealer has called this morning to advise that the new cooling unit has arrived. The soonest they can complete the work is September 8th. Making progress finally.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear you are being taken care of.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Into week 3, still no sign of the reimbursement check. Sure hope it doesn't take that long for the cooling unit repair reimbursement.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Don't give up. I am an example that there is always the possibility of a positive outcome.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Hi Thomas,
Well finally after a long journey of chasing Norcold to warranty the fridge, and finally after a number of messages posted here on this forum, Crossroads stepped up to the plate where NORCOLD dropped the warranty ball. That all said, Crossroads did send out a new cooling unit to the repairing dealer, they installed it on Tuesday Sept 8th with no problems and all indications were a go. They kept the unit over night to be sure all is cooling properly. They called to come pick up the trailer Sept 9th. The unit is back in our park and the fridge is working fine.
To those who find themselves challenged by warranty issues from suppliers who provide appliances to manufacturers but refuse to warranty, keep after them and keep the manufacturer in the loop. Stay the course and eventually someone will step up. Once Crossroads saw the postings here, they got involved and took over the repair when NORCOLD refused warranty.
Yep, I will be buying extended warranty. Research suggests to me extended warranty is a whole lot less frustrating and much easier and quicker to have repairs made --- for those following my posts, please share your thoughts and experience in this area of extended warranty would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #28
Site Team

Great that you finally got your problems resolved. Again, patience and good communications pays off.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

Smile Norcold fridge saga from ROD Camper

Finally, after a long process to have our Norcold Rushmore Franklin fridge repaired it was Crossroads that stepped up, had a new Cooling unit sent out to the dealer. The fridge seems to be working fine. Crossroads also reimbursed me for fees that Norcold would not pay the dealer for their assessment of the failure as they denied warranty. Took just over 4 weeks but it arrived Friday.
Crossroads is also sending out a reimbursement for the cost of the repair that again Norcold would not warranty. In fairness to the dealer I paid for both instances where Norcold would not pay, hence the reimbursement from Crossroads. Well done Crossroads and much appreciated.
As they say, the squeaky wheel gets oiled eventually.
On another note, a camper at our park also experienced a denial for their Motorhome fridge by Norcold.
Lesson - warranty sometimes is just a piece of paper with little or no value.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #30
Site Team

Glad you finally got the proper treatment and reimbursement.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 rushmore franklin