Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
New Camper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Virgina
Posts: 9
Outside speakers

The outside speakers do not work when the radio is on and I don't see any where on the unit to change the speakers to the outside. There is a small cable coming out at the amplifier over the couch. Could this be the wires to the outside that would require another radio?
johnjlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 71
They are usually separated using the balance control on the radio. Front/rear.
Our old Heartland used this and our new SS26SI uses the zone control. Zone A/B

I havent heard of any RV using two radios
__________________
Nick & Deb DeLillo
2011 F-150 FX4 Supercrew 3.5 Ecoboost
2017 Sunset Trail SS26SI Grand Reserve
Reese StraightLine WD w/dual cam sway control
Delillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:49 AM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Danny Pyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 46
It will most likely be the fade setting on your radio. It is the same as setting from front to rear in your car.
Danny Pyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
New Camper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Virgina
Posts: 9
Thanks, I will try this. Do you know what the connection at the amplifier would be used for? It looks like oversize phone connection and has 7 different color wires.
johnjlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Full Time Camper
 
MartyinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SC
Posts: 637
Just to clarify, Balance means left to right. In 99% of cases, you want it right in the middle. Unless your normal seating is too close to one speaker, and too far from the other.
FADE, on the other hand, is front to rear. Whatever balance you have dialed in, should stay in place. We use the following FADE: All the way one way or the other for inside or outside. In the middle when we want the same sound both places (unusual) or slight signal on the inside, so we know what's playing on the outside, without disturbing cabin occupants.
Be advised, manufacturing techs don't understand this at all. It is very common to get a TT wired so that Inside and Outside speakers are wired as Left and Right. If you find that Balance moves the sound in and out, then it must be re-wired. (easy job at back of radio, but only if you know what you're doing) To hear only one channel of a stereo source is just plain wrong, and will sound bad.
__________________
Marty and Martha
2015 Z-1 211RD
2012 Nissan Titan
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: California
Posts: 333
I just took my trailer to the dealer for warranty repairs this morning. The speaker wiring was one of the items on my list.

The geniuses at Crossroads ran one line from the left channel to the two indoor speakers and split it and another line to from the right channel to the outdoor speakers and split it. So both indoor speakers play the same left channel signal and both outdoor speakers play the same right channel. Unbelievable.

If there were a Mono setting on the head unit, I could switch to Mono and get both channels to play indoors and/or outdoors. No such luck.
__________________
Dave Edmiston
2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead toy hauler
2014 Dodge RAM 3500 4x4 Diesel Dually
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Full Time Camper
 
MartyinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SC
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmiston View Post
I just took my trailer to the dealer for warranty repairs this morning. The speaker wiring was one of the items on my list.

The geniuses at Crossroads ran one line from the left channel to the two indoor speakers and split it and another line to from the right channel to the outdoor speakers and split it. So both indoor speakers play the same left channel signal and both outdoor speakers play the same right channel. Unbelievable.

If there were a Mono setting on the head unit, I could switch to Mono and get both channels to play indoors and/or outdoors. No such luck.
Did they act like they thought this was acceptable? Just because you have "sound" out of each speaker? I would through a fit, and I don't care if they have to open up the walls and ceiling! Go to Crossroads, don't let the dealer blow you off!
__________________
Marty and Martha
2015 Z-1 211RD
2012 Nissan Titan
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: California
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyinSC View Post
Did they act like they thought this was acceptable? Just because you have "sound" out of each speaker? I would through a fit, and I don't care if they have to open up the walls and ceiling! Go to Crossroads, don't let the dealer blow you off!
The service writer seemed to understand the issue. Hopefully they don't have any trouble explaining it to Crossroads and getting them to approve the warranty claim.
__________________
Dave Edmiston
2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead toy hauler
2014 Dodge RAM 3500 4x4 Diesel Dually
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #9
Full Time Camper
 
MartyinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SC
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmiston View Post
The service writer seemed to understand the issue. Hopefully they don't have any trouble explaining it to Crossroads and getting them to approve the warranty claim.
That's a good start. I'm sure this is not the first time they've gotten such a claim.
__________________
Marty and Martha
2015 Z-1 211RD
2012 Nissan Titan
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.