Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have just purchased a Rushmore lincoln and plan to pick it up this coming friday. I do have one question. There was 3 10 gallon tanks in the propane closets. There was 2 small tanks on one side and one on another. I question why the small tanks and they told me that this makes it easier to switch out tanks at alot of different places including walmart and convenience stores. Is this true, or are they going cheap on me. Thanks in advance for your response.

Jamestn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

It is a lot easier to find spots to exchange the smaller tanks. I have always not wanted to give up my tanks for someone else's. that is just a personal issue. I definitely see where they are coming from and maybe it does save some money for them as well. But I wouldn't think so. If they would have only given us 2, then definitely that would have been for cost savings.
sdbison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I swapped two small tanks for the two large tanks on my AFox when I traded it in. When dealer gave me credit on the other small tank toward purchasing two large tanks. Now have four large tanks. I really question their small tanks theory of swapping. Bigger is better..
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote