Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
New Camper

We are shopping for a new fifth wheel RV and the Rushmore 35rl is on our short list.However, the lack ofmarketing and technical info from Crossroads/Rushmore is making it difficult tomake fair comparisons to the others.
I'd like to try to get some questions answered that I have about the Rushmore line so that I can further narrowmy choices.I have chatted with a Rushmore rep a couple of times and even he did not know the answer to a few questions. Kind of disappointing. I appreciate the help of anyone who can offer some answers. Here goes:
1) Do the suspension shackles have greaseable wet bolts which does away with the cheapnylon bushings?
2) Does the Rushmore line use the Dexter Nev-R-Adjustbrakes?
3) Is the wall construction hung or laminated?
4) What type of insulation - foam or figerglass - and what are the R-values in each wall, floor, ceiling, and slides?
5) Is the roof a/c a dual ducted system - does each individual a/c unit has its own duct line allowing for one unit to cool the entire coach. Both can be run together or seperate?
6) What material is the roof - rubber or vinyl?
7) Finally, the lighting seems to be inadequate for reading at the soafa or chairs in the living area and there is no pendant lighting over the kitchen island like most others have.

Thanks in advance for those who can offer some answers.Phillip

Edited by: jdpm

2011 Silverado 3500 SRW crew Duramax/Allison. Currently shopping for new fifver
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I am not a Rushmore owner but as the owner of a 2009 Crossroads Seville which the rushmore is a carry over model I believe I can add some imput.

The shackles are not greasable but believe they have brass bushings.

They are easy lube axles but the brakes are not self adjusting.

Definitely aluminum framed hungwall construction with fiberglass insulation.

Rear A/C is ducted. Front is not.

Roof is a butyl material that is not rubber of vinyl. Kind of a hybrid. Seems to be holding up well after 3 years of fulltiming.

Lighting in our unit is more than adequate, however the reading lights over the sofa are a little high to maximize their effectiveness.

IMHO Crossroads is a quality company and I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO BUY ANOTHER OF THEIR PRODUCTS. They stand behing their units and Randy and their factory repair team are absolutely AAA+.

34 Seville CK

2011 Chev 3500 Duramax Crew 4X4, Fulltimer
timonbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

As a Rushmore owner (2011 35RL) I can say that I didn't even think (ignorance)to ask the type of questions you have presented,good questions and I may suggest that you email the company/factory and am sure they will be more than happy to answer your questions. I was more concerned with creature comforts such as central vac, intelli-jacks and to insure the tires were not a chinese brand and adequate(sp) to transport the rig. There were some issues and the DW wanted to buy a big bag of lemons and hang them on the rig, take pics and post/plaster them on the internet. The issues have been addressed by Crossroads, and we know this was manfactured by humans, a new rig and the kinks are being worked out and we are loving the fulltiming life in this Rushmore. The customer service and after the sale service we have received from Crossroads is heads above ALL others IMHO. And as has already been said;
"Crossroads is a quality company and I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO BUY ANOTHER OF THEIR PRODUCTS. They stand behing their units and Randy and their factory repair team are absolutely AAA+."
We are of the same mind.And what timonbikanswered is accurate.
Go for it!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
New Camper

I got a tell ya - we went to the local Rushmore dealer yesterday who has about 7 Rushmore fivers. All new with various floorplans. After spending a while there evaluating the floorplan we thought we'd like, we spent even more time looking over the rig. With all due to respect to all who own a Rushmore,I'm sorry to say - not impressed. I think the color of the rig magnafies any imperfections in the paint and caulking.All the black accents had white residue on them,the caulk lines were sloppy especially wherethere were color changes, there were scratches in the front and rear caps. One had a slide-out filled withwater on the underside being held in by the black vapor barrier. I hope the dealer notices before pulling in the slide.The attention to detail on the exterior was lacking. On the inside, we found the angle of the toilet to vary - some so bad that your knees would hit the wall! There were peices of trim and moulding loose and someso loose they had fallen on the floor. The carpet near the slide in the kitchen is really odd and impractical.No offense to those of you who own a Rushmore, however, I think thatthere is a lot of room for improvementin a coach of this price range. I have to tell ya, the finish quality of our current 2007 KeytoneSydney fiver is superior. Disappointed in our findings, but glad we noticed this prior to making a decision to go with the Rushmore. Thanks, Phillip

2011 Silverado 3500 SRW crew Duramax/Allison. Currently shopping for new fifver
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

EXTREMELY happy w/ our Rushmore. To each his own, eh?

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

A Rushmore sitting on a lot with wood trim falling off Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Could you imagine walking into a Ford or GM dealer showroomwith parts falling off models ?

Yeah.....me neither
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I agree I looked at the Rushmore and I was not very impressed, after I got rid of my cruiser and bought my Paradise Pointe I thought I had moved up only to find the PP to be a glorified cruiser...I think the Rushmore will be the same...this is just my personal opinion....we are looking at other units to replace my PP...if we can sell this one.......

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

oh, the 2nd A/C unit in the bedroom is ducted into the main trunk, I didn't want an a/c unit that blew directly down on the bed, besides being noisy I don't like the eind blowing directly down on you, but it makes a world of difference in my coach, most time we run both units all day set the temp at 72 and just let it go..

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
New Camper

We wereat the factory for service this week and were extremely happy with the service we received.
Added fireplace and wiring, changed microwaveto convection oven, Roto-Flex king pin, hadTV antenna changed toWinegard batwing.
3) As to construction, new units are now bonded walls like the Redwood.
4) Look to the Cruiser or Redwood for insulation values depending on construction
5) Rear A/C is ducteddown both sides, front A/C is ducted down one side. (New units the front A/Cappears tobe ducted down both sides). Both can be run together.
6) With the hybrid roofing materialthere isno longer black streaks.
7) Lighting is adequate, I've changed the 920 bulbs out to 912 (4.5watts) and will change some of the G4 (10watt) halogens to LED in select areas to reduce power and heat.

Edited by: RJRobb

2012 RF34SB Rushmore
RJRobb is offline   Reply With Quote