Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Roller-Type Shade Won't Stay Down

Our 2015 Rushmore Springfield has roller-type shades that you pull down and they stay down until you want to roll them up again. One of ours (the large one at the rear window) will no longer stay down. Pull it down and it rolls back up.

Anyone have a similar problem? Anyone know how this kind of problem can be fixed?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Mine are Irvine Shades, you might contact them to check if there's some adjustments to be made.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Update

Thanks for the pointer to the mfg.

I called them and they said to remove the stop assembly (according to their online video) and then re-install it. As I suspected, that did not fix the problem.

I called them back this morning, and they are shipping me a new stop assembly and a new spring assembly for the other end of the roller. They said it was a good idea to change the spring assembly too even though it is not the cause of the problem. They are not charging for the parts, but I am paying the shipping cost.

So far Irvine has been good to work with.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Another Update

Irvine sent me an autostop mechanism for one end and a spring assembly for the other end. (Since I was changing one, they said I might as well change both parts.)

I changed the autostop mechanism and the shade still would not stay down. Even though it seemed to me that the spring was working fine and should have nothing to do with it staying down, I replaced the spring and the shade was fixed!