Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Check outRushmore factory blog site information: http://www.rushmore5thwheels.blogspot.com/ It also shows the factory reps, updated contact info and their regions.
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Here we go more contact info!
or More information Contact:</span>

</span>

Brad Whitehead: bwhitehead@crossroadsrv.com</span>

Product Manager

</span>

Brian Linn: blinn@crossroadsrv.com</span>

East: AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MA,MD, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV

</span>

Vern Bontrager: vbontrager@crossroadsrv.com</span>

Central: AR, IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, OK, SD, TX, WI

</span>

Tom Ewing:tewing@crossroadsrv.com</span>

West:AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, UT, WA, WY</span></span>

</span>

Rudy Boals: rboals@crossroadsrv.com</span>

Canada: All Provinces

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Faribault MN
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I wrote to Tim Ewing about my heating vent falling apart, not installed correctly. Sent pics. No reply for him. They have my money. Guess no need to reply...just venting...I fixed it myself...
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
New Camper

Anyone having issues with new Rushmore? Have 3 ppl who have Thor Industries product with totally defective units. Considering, we have no recourse, doing a "class action" lawsuit! Reply here.
noserviceafterthesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Do some reading under the Rushmore section for more information. What kind of issues are the three owners having that would warrant a class action suit? I am sure other Rushmore owners here would like to know.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I'm my own warranty person...I'll fix it correctly... we're happy campers for now...
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserviceafterthesal
Anyone having issues with new Rushmore? Have 3 ppl who have Thor Industries product with totally defective units. Considering, we have no recourse, doing a "class action" lawsuit! Reply here.
I would think that you will have to supply more info than you have, if you want people to reply.
Something more to let everyone know it might be legit.???
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Is the problem with the Service Center not repairning ? or is it the unit non reparable.. Believe me, we have been more than frustrated with all the issues, but suit?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

ONE MORE thing.... why is there NO contact for LA up there? Maybe that's why the service has been p--- poor
Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
New Camper

If the Service End were good, might help with the frustration! Issues........Leaking sky lights, leaking toilets, Sanitation pull cables not staying secure (Have to crawl beneath unit to re-secure, each and every time) This was repaired at one time, but their solution was to cut holes in the "underbelly" in several places! Lifetime finish on exterior? Back of unit is almost faded white and has "stress" cracks along a ledge in the design. Electric awning, does not retract completely in the frame, Decortive trim molding, falling off @ sidewall ceiling sky lights, etc.....
When we ordered the unit, we told the salesman , we wanted a brand new unit, not the show model.

4 weeks later, we got the call, our unit was in and ready for a walk thru. We didn't question how fast it was built, unit was prepped, did the walk thru, didn't open every door or drawer.......Didn't sit in recliners...... (one was broken) We have had 2 day night shades come completely off the wall, door hinges broken..... Leaking window......
Shower faucet in shower was broken and had been GLUED (Broke off very first shower in unit, spaying hot water.) Water leak behind the wall in the basement, I really could go on and on. This unit is only used 6 mos every year. Does not have more than 200 miles on the tires. Unit is stored beneath a steel canopy, 800.00 for 6 mos. (2012 unit) We are full time Rv'ers. 6mos FL, 6mos MI.
Service, Let's talk about Service! Dealer could not do the repairs, when we first took delivery, the unit was put in storage, with the agreement that the dealer would pick the unit up on our return and make the needed repairs. He stated that he would order the replacement parts, so that they could make the repairs quickly and not tie up the unit, as he knew we lived in it and would have to rent something until we got the unit back. It was picked up, dealer had it for 23 days. Drove to the dealer on the 19th day (Sun) By the way, Dealer is 60 miles one way! We could not locate our unit, after walking the entire lot, it was parked at the very back. After going thru the unit, not one visual repair had been made! The following day, received a call from "Our" Service tech, stating that the unit was done and ready to be delivered, Really.......Her Service tech signed off , which meant it was completed. Really, I think you know how that conversation went! They had the unit another week, delivered back to us, needless to say not all the work had been completed. The frustration is unbelievabe. Unit is in need of the first mentioned repairs.........We get no compensation for having to be out of our unit for warranty work. We have been rv'ng for 17 years, have never had issues like this with any of our other units. Take it to another dealer to have repairs done you say..........."We are not certified to work on Rushmores, you have to return it to your dealer." Lemon law does not cover non -motorized rv's, so please tell us what options we have? Other owners have had some of the same issues and some much more.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

From reading your post it appears to me you have a dealer issue not so much a Crossroads issue. Sounds like you should have done a better PDI at the walk through. Have you contacted Crossroads about any of these issues? If your unit is a 2012 I would think you still have the two year warranty (depending on when you purchased it) and if so I would be contacting Crossroads about the issues and having them find me another dealer to work with.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #13
New Camper

How would one find out, that they were given a RV show model and not a brand new one, that was ordered? There are just too many issues and they keep happening. These are mfg, issues. But when you think about 50,000 people walking thru it, pulling on shades, opening drawers and doors, makes one suspicious.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #14
Site Team

Usually, at least at the Hershey RV show, a dealer buys the whole display of a manufacturer. Any RV's left over are taken to that dealers home sale lot to be put back up for sale. I don't know of any that are returned to the manufacturer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Why don't you call Crossroads with your VIN and ask them when that unit was built. That should tell you if you got a new unit or one they had prior to the build date you were given. You said your unit was built and delivered in 4 weeks so you should be able to back track to see if it was built in that 4 week period or much earlier and used as a show unit.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

What dealer did you purchase this unit from? I want to stay away from them. Then again I am not sure that there are any dealers that really care once they have your money

Faribault MN
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

what most of you are saying is true the show models that are at Hersey show are all manufactures units that are set up by them then sold at show are sold by dealers in the are and then taken to dealer for prep for delivery the ones that are not sold go to dealers also I know this is true because I take the trailers to the show the Hersey and the Louisville are the only manufactures show all the other shows are put on by dealers all the problems that the this person is having seems to be dealer ones my new Rushmore has had some problems and all have been taken care of by dealer with crossroads telling them how to handle them in fact Friday they are putting a new sky light in bathroom hope you find a different dealer and get your troubles fixed believe me all the RVs have issues they are just trying to get them out as fast as they can Jim&amp;Caol
Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

I understand Brian Linn is no longer with Cross Roads. Too bad, he was a very nice guy to work with and he did right by us! Brian if you read this, we thank you again for all you did for us! Sorry to see you go, but we hope you transition to your new position quickly! We wish you the best in all things!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

As a follow up to noserviceaftersale; Our hearts go out to you.We suggest you start bycalling directly to the factory. The receptionist will direct you to a service rep to assist you. So far we are very pleased with their response to our questions and have listened to our suggestions. We have also had avery good experience working with RV Capitol in Elkhart, IN. Great people that love RVers! (The owner is a really good guy-out to make profits but not at the expense of poor customer service.)Ask for Tracy(ex 104) or Scott in service. If you can not get to them to have work done, they will at least take the time to direct you to where you can get the help you need! (574-293-4500) Please keepus updated as you work through this.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #20
New Camper

to late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserviceafterthesal View Post
What is happening with this, is it to late ?
drsnsls is offline   Reply With Quote